sharetrader
Page 569 of 899 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 8983
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Warehouse Group repaying $68m of wage subsidy

Booming sales ...confidence in future they say....and lots of cash ....so paying it back

Good on them
    You forgot to add the bit about still laying off staff as soon as the subsidy ended. Something HLG did not do.

Guru

I come back from taking her highness waltzing and the whole thread has gone too the jigs...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 21-12-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hlg tumbles on the news of whs repayment of wage subsidy while bgp continues to out perform. there is no doubt briscoe has superior management
    but aside -- it didn't do much for WHS SP either -- did you miss putting in a larger buy at elevated levels to demonstrate
    support for WHS ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    You forgot to add the bit about still laying off staff as soon as the subsidy ended. Something HLG did not do.
    I remember that too -- how many WHS staffers went walking again ?

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    I remember that too -- how many WHS staffers went walking again ?
    I forget was it 700 or 1000 they laid off while hundreds of head office staff are on over $100K. A real bastion of social equity and justice...NOT !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I forget was it 700 or 1000 they laid off while hundreds of head office staff are on over $100K. A real bastion of social equity and justice...NOT !
    1000 strangely enough comes to mind from back in recent past ..

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Wouldn't it have been better just to stop at the "Let's agree to disagree."?
    Of course it would have been if he meant it, rather than calling people's views "tiresome & juvenile" because he doesn't agree. Then went on in the very next post to congratulate Balance on the same subject just because he agrees with him. It could be construed as somewhat hypocritical.
    Last edited by iceman; 22-12-2020 at 02:52 AM.

Guru

Some strongly held convictions by contributors. Perfection is a difficult state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Some strongly held convictions by contributors. Perfection is a difficult state of affairs.
    Which is all okay imo - vigorous discussions and debates can bring out outstanding conclusions.

W69 will be W69 - ever cynical while being incisive and retrospective with his postings to provide perspective. He annoys but has his heart in the right place.

Beagle will be Beagle - posting with high conviction be them positive or negative to challenge perspectives but as we all know fondly, he can be plain barking mad at times.

This forum would be a poorer place without the likes of them.

So chill, folks - we all pass through this path of life but once.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-12-2020 at 07:54 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Which is all okay imo - vigorous discussions and debates can bring out outstanding conclusions.

W69 will be W69 - ever cynical while being incisive and retrospective with his postings to provide perspective. He annoys but has his heart in the right place.

Beagle will be Beagle - posting with high conviction be them positive or negative to challenge perspectives but as we all know fondly, he can be plain barking mad at times.

This forum would be a poorer place without the likes of them.

So chill, folks - we all pass through this path of life but once.
    The low level this site has degenerated to, has meant a lot of decent knowledgeable people now avoid it.
    The personnel attacks are disgraceful,and as a community it has lost any sense of respect.
    I know if I were Vince and owned the site I would close it down.
    Last edited by percy; 22-12-2020 at 08:10 AM.