sharetrader
Page 575 of 899 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625675 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 8983

Op shops are doing very well in the clothes department.

Quite a few well heeled young ladies buying out our way ....plenty of good branded stuff they say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

There are a range of uncertainties but I am modelling up about $24m for 1H FY21 up just on 50% on last years $16m and amounts to ~ 40 cps. Who knows what the dividend will be but they have truckloads of cash already, no debt and I am sure it will be dramatically higher than last years 15 cps.
    This is based on sales for the first 26 weeks continuing to grow at the same rate as the first 18 weeks (14.5%), and the gross profit percentage increasing 1.8% back to the level prevailing in 2018 of 61.5%. These two factors alone add $16m in gross profit for the half year. Increased percentage of sales though online channels will add distribution and selling efficiencies.
    Please don;t shoot the messenger or kick the dog in the head if I am wrong. DYOR and Merry Christmas and a happy new Year !
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There are a range of uncertainties but I am modelling up about $24m for 1H FY21 up just on 50% on last years $16m and amounts to ~ 40 cps. Who knows what the dividend will be but they have truckloads of cash already, no debt and I am sure it will be dramatically higher than last years 15 cps.
    This is based on sales for the first 26 weeks continuing to grow at the same rate as the first 18 weeks (14.5%), and the gross profit percentage increasing 1.8% back to the level prevailing in 2018 of 61.5%. These two factors alone add $16m in gross profit for the half year. Increased percentage of sales though online channels will add distribution and selling efficiencies.
    Please don;t shoot the messenger or kick the dog in the head if I am wrong. DYOR and Merry Christmas and a happy new Year !
    Your $24m seems reasonable

Of that about $5m would have come from a catch up on all the sales that were lost during lock downs (I reckon 80% recovered)

So real / underlying / normalised or whatever growth is $16m to $19m

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    very selective in your return analysis

if you took BGP share price at the 30/01/09

74c

and hlg on 30/01/09 of $2.14

it is very obvious who has performed better and compare the charts side by side of bgp a nice steady uptrend which is consistant with a growth stock against the hlg chart which is irratic to say the least and is consistant with a non - growth stock
    Oh I see we aren’t allowed to use industry standard comparisons like 5yr returns with you, instead we have to use your supposed comparison standard of....11 years and 10.5 months.

And once again you have ignored dividend payments since then, giving an incorrect investment return figure.

Personally I think the 5 year performance is a much better indicator of how current management has been performing in a timeframe relevant to investors.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 23-12-2020 at 07:31 PM.

On the news tonite - Paymark says Pre-Christmas sales are down 7% so far this week. But they expect big sakes tomorrow.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think your thinking / logic is wrong.
    Really how so? Lets say your Dad handed you ten dollars and said only buy something healthy, no junk food allowed (even kids know what is junk food). So you kept to the rules. You wouldn't expect him to tell you to hand it back after it was spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Really how so? Lets say your Dad handed you ten dollars and said only buy something healthy, no junk food allowed (even kids know what is junk food). So you kept to the rules. You wouldn't expect him to tell you to hand it back after it was spent.
    But what if the mum came along after and gave the kid junk food? Should the kid give the money back? Or keep both?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    But what if the mum came along after and gave the kid junk food? Should the kid give the money back? Or keep both?
    It’s not about the kid paying the money back ......dad would have given the kid the 10 bucks sometime even if the govt hadn’t subsidised it (so he’s actually 10 bucks better off) ....and mum is just a decent mum.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s not about the kid paying the money back ......dad would have given the kid the 10 bucks sometime even if the govt hadn’t subsidised it (so he’s actually 10 bucks better off) ....and mum is just a decent mum.
    Yeah except in this case the mum (JA) says to the other siblings things like "Johnny got 10 bucks off of his father (GR) Johnny's getting rich at your expense and there is no money left for you lot. And by the way there's no dinner tonight". The mum knows thats a half truth and that it will make the others angry with Johnny. She does it because Johnny is her step kid and so she plays favoritism. Question : how's that fair to johnny
    Last edited by Habits; 23-12-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

It was a WAGES subsidy bull dont you realize... not a company subsidy. The govt made it very clear the money was to be paid to employees and that they should be paid 80 percent of their pay. WHS went even further and paid the full salary. If the companies that took the subsidy went and paid other overheads with the money or didn't pay employees at all then pay the money back. If the money was paid to staff then how possibly can the company repay that back. It would be the staff who have the money now butbit would be ridiculous for the govt to ask them for it back. I suppose you would disagree lol
    Yeah except in this case the mum (JA) says to the other siblings things like "Johnny got 10 bucks off of his father (GR) Johnny's getting rich at your expense and there is no money left for you lot. And by the way there's no dinner tonight". The mum knows thats a half truth and that it will make the others angry with Johnny. She does it because Johnny is her step kid and so she plays favoritism. Question : how's that fair to johnny
    I give it one shot to put you on the right track:

Government gave money to HLG who gave money to staff.

Now, if HLG were to do the right thing then:

HLG would give money [back] to government and staff keep money given to them.

Disc: I am having first slice of freshly delivered XMAS log roll and nobody is taking that away from me.
    om mani peme hum