sharetrader
Page 58 of 899 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=nextbigthing;631775]Not by Christmas by any chance is it Winner? Gee with HLG going to $3.50, HBL up to $1.60 and SCL headed to $5 (all by Christmas), isn't it a great time to be alive.

Anyway, Roger, back to your turn to push this thing up the [I]ramp.

........HAHA, nicely put NBT.
    Have a Gr8day.

HLG may be growing annual sales but far below national clothing footwear and accesory spending. HLG are losing market share and it is having an impact on margins as they discount to try to retain market share.

Any short term gain from the NZD aside I see the business as stagnant or declining.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not at all Raz. Wouldn't expect an international business class jetsetter who drives high end Euro cars to shop here and especially not at HLG but against all this new competition others have referred to above HLG is still growing its annual sales and with the dollar on fire significant margin and resulting profit expansion looks like a given. I guess that's what being right at a nice mid price point with an extremely well recognised and trusted brand in the apparel trade does for you ! Mr and Mrs Joe Average happy to go to their local HLG store and find nice clothes to try on that they can easily afford.

Crikey Winner, even I didn't know they'd hit $6 before !!! Better buy some more
    Didn't hit $6 ..... I said closing in on $6

Looks like $5.85 was the high - in 2013 so not long ago
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Didn't hit $6 ..... I said closing in on $6

Looks like $5.85 was the high - in 2013 so not long ago
    ..... and that was after they made $21m npat in 2012
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    HLG may be growing annual sales but far below national clothing footwear and accesory spending. HLG are losing market share and it is having an impact on margins as they discount to try to retain market share.

Any short term gain from the NZD aside I see the business as stagnant or declining.
    Well said, I have ceased being a customer a while back and the brand is overlooked by the young who spend, ramp up guys as I overlooked selling this a while back and may look at timing an offload, some here must be in a hole from last year on this one me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I overlooked selling this a while back and may look at timing an offload....
    Also agree. Sold down a couple of years ago but still holding some as it has a good track and dividends. There is little here to support a long term hold, but I think there will be better selling opportunities ahead.

http://hallensteinglasson.co.nz/onli...2-b13056f0b556

Consistent record of very high divvy's. 2015 was 30 cps IIRC and we're on track for a repeat this year. With the expansion in margin with the higher Kiwi I'm forecasting a return to 33.5 cps fully imputed for FY17 which at $2.80 gives a gross dividend yield 33.5 / 0.72 = 46.528 / 280 = 16.62% !! Beagles are glutinous by nature. "There's little here to support a long term hold" Hmmm, I suspect many a dividend hound would disagree with that. Must be the highest dividend yielding stock on the NZX surely !
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-08-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Beagles are glutinous by nature. "There's little here to support a long term hold" Hmmm, I suspect many a dividend hound would disagree with that. Must be the highest dividend yielding stock on the NZX surely !
    "Glutinous" = sticky like glue. Do you mean you are looking for a long-term hold? I've held HLG for a long time for the dividend. Profitability may come and go with the exchange rates to some extent but long term it needs to be relevant and competitive in the market.

gluttonous my bad on the spelling. Means like to drink and eat excessively, greedy for large divvy feeds.

gluttonous my bad on the spelling. Means like to drink and eat excessively, greedy for large divvy feeds.
    Well, gluttony can lead to glutting which can leave you feeling glutinous, so I know what you mean. Whe I go on to the HLG link, I only get financials up to 2014?