sharetrader
Page 600 of 899 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Especially not any Beagles.... nice to see you back in here ��
    Thanks.
    Snoopy me ol mate. I am happy to leave the whole ESG debate to others.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks.
    Snoopy me ol mate. I am happy to leave the whole ESG debate to others.
    Snoopy obviously has nothing better to do now that his days of trying to find financial stress in PGW's balance sheet turned out to be a wild goose chase - which ended up stressing him instead as PGW's profits grow and grow, along with its sp!

Something about missing the wood for the trees, I believe, Snoopy? Looking for a problem where there is none?
    Last edited by Balance; 01-02-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Guru

Notice the share price rises when Mr B is here. We thought it would fall farther for a bit of a buy but its showing no such signs at present

We also thought MR B would simply ride off into the distance with the Hunt.

We also think people buying on line will last a while but people love the site of other people.

Thats why after a year or 2 they will again venture out and about and visit a mall. Perhaps not as often but they will enjoy seeing OTHER people.

KPG is undervalued .

But travel stocks are as we have stated the big undervalue sector at the moment. Almost underwater in fact..
    Last edited by Waltzing; 01-02-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Already have enough in the mid 3's but added more at $7 last week for future divvie

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Snoopy obviously has nothing better to do now that his days of trying to find financial stress in PGW's balance sheet turned out to be a wild goose chase - which ended up stressing him instead as PGW's profits grow and grow, along with its sp!
    Financial stress shows itself in the downcycles Balance. In the good times you pay your debt down so you can ride through the bad times. Or, in the case of HLG, you run a 'no term debt' policy. Right now I am enjoying the good times with PGW just as you are, while that company now pays a living wage to all its employees. Plus we get to support our hard working farmers. It is possible for a good company to act morally, service their customers well and pay good dividends to shareholders. But as longer term shareholders will know PGW and its predecessor Wrightson's have had a couple of very serious debt issues in the last twenty years.

I presume from your comments you will never sell your PGW shares because you can only see blue sky ahead. But as most farmers know, one day the rain will come.

A bit of a contrast to a 'certain other company' and the wages of the guys and gals that run the HLG stores. Did HLG pay all of their contracted rent through Covid-19? Answer: No, which is why paying back the wage subsidy (even though they don't have to) might make them morally liable for backpaying rent as well. I know PGW did pay their rent through Covid-19, even though we shareholders lost a dividend on the way through.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 01-02-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Financial stress shows itself in the downcycles Balance. In the good times you pay your debt down so you can ride through the bad times. Or, in the case of HLG, you run a 'no term debt' policy. I am enjoying the good times with PGW just as you are, while that company now pays a living wage to all its employees. Plus we get to support our hard working farmers. It is possible for a good company to act morally, service their customers well and pay good dividends to shareholders.

I presume from your comments you will never sell your PGW shares because you can only see blue sky ahead. But as most farmers know, one day the rain will come.

A bit of a contrast to a 'certain other company' and the wages of the guys and gals that run the HLG stores. Did HLG pay all of their contracted rent through Covid-19? Answer: No, which is why paying back the wage subsidy (even though they don't have to) might make them morally liable for backpaying rent as well. I know PGW did pay their rent through Covid-19, even though we shareholders lost a dividend on the way through.

SNOOPY
    Hey come on Snoops, my old buddy - I rather like the way HLG did things & wouldn't have wished
    them to have done anything differently ..

Especially after all your snooping & sniffing around suggested that there may have been something smelly
    in another woodpile, which encouraged me to ditch any interest at earliest opportunity ..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Thanks for the reference.

Reads like a bit of Greenwash. ..................

SNOOPY
    Sadly I think you are probably correct here Snoops

Talk the talk but just do enough to make it look like you are really serious about it. After all they had to get customers to tell them what was important...so it didn't come internally from the top.

Do what is necessary to stay in the game

The People (HGH people that is) part might be OK

As long as they don't 'waste' too much money and time on this shareholders no doubt will be happy.
    Last edited by winner69; 02-02-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

I rather regard HLG to be the NZX Good Weather bell for how Retail performance looks across other sectors

Remember - they were first out the gate last year .. thereafter others followed ..

Guru

RBA in 1 hour, see how much money they are going to pump onto the economy.

100 billion extra ... Aussi retail sales the big question and what they going to do to keep the retail economy spending...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 02-02-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    RBA in 1 hour, see how much money they are going to pump onto the economy.

100 billion extra ... Aussi retail sales the big question and what they going to do to keep the retail economy spending...

Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision | Media Releases | RBA

yes an additional $100 billion @ 5 mill a month
    In Australia, the economic recovery is well under way and has been stronger than was earlier expected. There has been strong growth in employment and a welcome decline in the unemployment rate to 6.6 per cent. Retail spending has been strong...The recovery is expected to continue,

The Board will not increase the cash rate until actual inflation is sustainably within the 2 to 3 per cent target range.

The Board does not expect these conditions to be met until 2024 at the earliest.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....