sharetrader
Page 62 of 899 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Interesting comments, I decided to returning to the real world yesterday and attend office drinks at Raz's business and see how the worker bees are doing with HLG very much on my mind.

What i found is a fragmented market in the world of shopping from an informal survey..the administrators, under paid and over worked, bless them, find no time to get out of the office so resort to internet shopping..usually the cheaper sites. The touch team are fizzing with the prospect of planning a major shop after their Sydney tournament visit, good for them, just loving the cross rate. One associate is planning a trip to USA and I point her towards Portland, great vib of a city with tax free shopping..try Washington Square, Tigard, I kindly suggest.

My aspiring managers are all wearing clothes from Sergio's or Euro style as we exchanged pleasantries while my main managers say their wives do the shopping and most of it is via the internet with UK sites in favour currently.

Also love within this group for the USD being higher...more future US trip being planned by the sounds of it.

The older set seem to buy from farmers when I caught up.

Pick up the kids from sport on the way home and suggest HLG and the reaction will not get repeated here.

It use to be HLG was go to shopping or at least always considered and they did not get a mention from anyone..I rest my case..trigger finger ready to sell.

The forex rate stronger may work for HLG however it makes other options cheaper as well...including shopping trips overseas.
    Raz - returning to the real world must have been a humbling experience for you.

Disappointed that you weren't actually with the kids at sport and getting involved in their activities ....but at least you were there to pick them up

Back to Hallensteins - donyou really think they will be a non-event in a few years time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

This is what I like to refer to as "micro management share investing". Forming investment decisions on how your interactions with the company play out. Seemingly important at a personal level, but highly insignificant when you look at the big picture. Easy to do and we all fall into the trap occasionally but not necessarily the most productive of reasons to buy or sell. I don't think I have ever been into Hallensteins (or Glassons for that matter) but that is no sure indicator of anything other than the possibility that I might be a nudist but probably not a cross dresser. Sort of like the WHS syndrome...that's been clunking out the profits and dividends for years and yet manyt of the posts are of the variety..."why would you shop there?" "Cheap junk and terrible service"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Interesting comments, I decided to returning to the real world yesterday and attend office drinks at Raz's business and see how the worker bees are doing with HLG very much on my mind.

What i found is a fragmented market in the world of shopping from an informal survey..the administrators, under paid and over worked, bless them, find no time to get out of the office so resort to internet shopping..usually the cheaper sites. The touch team are fizzing with the prospect of planning a major shop after their Sydney tournament visit, good for them, just loving the cross rate. One associate is planning a trip to USA and I point her towards Portland, great vib of a city with tax free shopping..try Washington Square, Tigard, I kindly suggest.

My aspiring managers are all wearing clothes from Sergio's or Euro style as we exchanged pleasantries while my main managers say their wives do the shopping and most of it is via the internet with UK sites in favour currently.

Also love within this group for the USD being higher...more future US trip being planned by the sounds of it.

The older set seem to buy from farmers when I caught up.

Pick up the kids from sport on the way home and suggest HLG and the reaction will not get repeated here.

It use to be HLG was go to shopping or at least always considered and they did not get a mention from anyone..I rest my case..trigger finger ready to sell.

The forex rate stronger may work for HLG however it makes other options cheaper as well...including shopping trips overseas.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Advanced Member

Well boysy I buy their work clothing good value stylish and durable and been doing so a several years

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Raz - returning to the real world must have been a humbling experience for you.

Disappointed that you weren't actually with the kids at sport and getting involved in their activities ....but at least you were there to pick them up

Back to Hallensteins - donyou really think they will be a non-event in a few years time

Hope you don't assume as much with your investing:-) I'm blessed that i own and hardly need to work anymore. i appreciate it every day. I also get heaps of time with my children while others don't. Don't see many fathers around school. Last night was sports practice which parents are not allowed to attend. Today is the games :-)

Retail management is generally well managed in NZ, it has to be to survive. I would like Hallensteins to prosper i'm just yet to see anything that convinces me it is moving with the changing demographic and market.

How is the ramp going?

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    This is what I like to refer to as "micro management share investing". Forming investment decisions on how your interactions with the company play out. Seemingly important at a personal level, but highly insignificant when you look at the big picture. Easy to do and we all fall into the trap occasionally but not necessarily the most productive of reasons to buy or sell. I don't think I have ever been into Hallensteins (or Glassons for that matter) but that is no sure indicator of anything other than the possibility that I might be a nudist but probably not a cross dresser. Sort of like the WHS syndrome...that's been clunking out the profits and dividends for years and yet manyt of the posts are of the variety..."why would you shop there?" "Cheap junk and terrible service"
    I agree personal outlook only goes so far..look at the dividend only is myopic..what about the non performing share price and I'm talking not just the past year. Assuming historical dividend will and can continue is also an open question..

I have found if you have micro-economic information you can get ahead of the market and determine trends thou.

ps tim23 good to hear! Even the rampers haven't made that comment!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Last time I saw Roger ramping something, it was AIR: it duely went from about 305 to 205. Hopefully he's more successful here.

I've thought for a while that 270 was a bit low for HLG. It's a decent stock caught in a rough patch. I'd definitely count it for 330 within a few months. $4, I'm not so sure though.

I'd definitely ignore the talk about the dividend. That's a historical measure and HLG likes to keep their divvie high, regardless of the profit. Hopefully dividend and profit can both improve in the next 24 months. When divvie yield is greater than profit, it's just not sustainable!
    The dog was keen on AIR from under $2. You must have missed all the barking last month about SCL when it was $2.90, (now $3.40), or SUm at $4, now close to $5...try and keep up, there's a good chap.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-08-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Business men buy their suits and shirts there
    Raz stocks up big every 5 years
    I bought 2 tshirts for $20 last week
    Teenagers from comfortable white middle income demographics buy Tough hoodys and Gangsta trou there for street creed attempts.
    Percy goes in there just to look and insert bookmarks in pockets and count them next week.
    PT pilots drones in and out of their shops looking for non aligned panel prints.
    W69 sits outside with a notice(I am Blind) and a soup tureen collection bowl.
    W69Two sits at the next shop front with shades on ;his sign says , "i can see quite clearly"
    Roger sits outside in a tip truck , motor running. The tarp moves and a beagle eases to the ground and sneaks in amongst the slacks and boxer shorts, exits moments later with a satisfied grin , jumps back under tarp and settles amidst 10,000 pairs of slightly worn plimsolls.
    James and GR8Day coast past in a convertible hummer throwing darts at a board mounted on the radiator cap
    boysy drives past in an austin cambridge blue with a white stripe and retrofitted with an airbag. He doesn't look.
    Hector brushes against womens elbows going for a record ;23 jabs in the ribs.
    Snoopy labourishly writes out a 5 page parking ticket to Roger pointing to the multiple chalk marks and oil stains.
    Hoop is sign writing the shop window in squiggly lines, correcting them and also offering palm readings to passing Milfs on the side.
    Hallees is humming and all is well on this sunny friday afternoon.
    LOL good humour there, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The dog was keen on AIR from under $2. You must have missed all the barking last month about SCL when it was $2.90, (now $3.40), or SUm at $4, now close to $5...try and keep up, there's a good chap.
    The comment last night was mostly meant in jest. I do appreciate your contributions here.

I probably need to read a few more of the threads on this site to get the full picture though. So many different companies to keep track of!

I will be interested to see the relative pricing and parity of H&M and Zara (presumably Uniqlo can't be far away either) when they arrive in the next few months. Topshop here is effectively being operated by Barkers so they aren't really going to stick out their necks with disruptive pricing.

In my experience, H&M are pretty ruthless about clearing stock between seasons and generating foot traffic. That applies to their European, US and Australian stores so will be intrigued with how aggressive they may be here.

Seeing things looking more positive for FY17 I updated this chart which shows what a $20m profit would look like in historical terms .....and what the share price is likely to do

And don't forget to factor in what 30 cent plus dividend looks like in the current low interest rate environment
    Last edited by winner69; 15-08-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”