sharetrader
Page 626 of 899 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 8983
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Victoria lockdown over
    excellent news.

Extraordinary performance by HLG over the pandemic period .... is there a word for better than extraordinary?

Taking the last 2 half years which cover February 20/ January 21 which covid has basically had severe impacts for the whole 12 months HLG has had sales of $310m and npat of $32.3

Compare that ti the prior 12 months (Feb19/Jan20) which was a period of great consumer demand - it that period sales were $296m and npat was $28.4m

So even during a pandemic that the world hasn't seen for over a century HLG sold heaps more and made 14% more profit than they did in good prior year

Almost like a pandemic hasn't happened

Is stupendous better than extraordinary?
    Uve changed your tune since this am?!

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Uve changed your tune since this am?!
    Still a very disappointing result ...even allowing for corporate welfare

But one needs to highlight the good things eh

Amazing they can make more money during a pandemic than they might have done without one,
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

We were wrong.... this time its different... the chart is in new territory.... rather the company is in new territory ... hot one at that ... the hot continent.

those aussie's shop more when a crisis ... might have to put some money on that aussi skippering the Italians...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 17-02-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Still a very disappointing result ...even allowing for corporate welfare

But one needs to highlight the good things eh

Amazing they can make more money during a pandemic than they might have done without one,
    Sign of a good business!

Just how good is HLG online and how it has saved the day

H1 sales were up $22m on pcp - store sales were up $2m but online sales were up $20m on pcp

Increased online activity accounted for 90% of the sales increase in H1 .....wow wow

Stores closed for a period - and some caught up when stores reopened - but online was the option that saved the day

Worth at least 2 bucks 'premium' to shareprice
    Last edited by winner69; 17-02-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Extraordinary performance by HLG over the pandemic period .... is there a word for better than extraordinary?

Taking the last 2 half years which cover February 20/ January 21 which covid has basically had severe impacts for the whole 12 months HLG has had sales of $310m and npat of $32.3

Compare that to the prior 12 months (Feb19/Jan20) which was a period of great consumer demand - it that period sales were $296m and npat was $28.4m

So even during a pandemic that the world hasn't seen for over a century HLG sold heaps more and made 14% more profit than they did in good prior year

Almost like a pandemic hasn't happened

Is stupendous better than extraordinary?
    You are probably looking for the word: "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"; I guess the report of the CDL chair earlier today really opened new worlds of vocabularies for me :

On the other hand is this word a bit long and it might be an exaggeration anyway. I probably would use the term "not bad" to describe their results, given that I grew up in a culture where they say "not to criticize is praise enough" ;

Anyway ... not too bad. Lets hope the dream continues ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Interesting the share price is in the red following the good news of both Melbourne and now Auckland exiting lockdowns (and rest of NZ back into level 1).

Here is a question: Do the Auckland stores qualify for the "resurgence" payments? I see the government has said it's available to qualifying businesses.

Good news regarding relaxation of lockdown only came out about 4.45 p.m. this afternoon so possibly wasn't reflected in the closing price ?
    Sorry I don't know the answer to your question.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I thought this was a brilliant result. I actually don't understand why the share price didn't go straight to $8+. Here's why.
    EPS
    2017 - 28.6c
    2018 - 45.8
    2019 - 48.65
    2020 - 46.5
    2021 - 32.7 (annualized - x2 = 65.4cps)
    At $8 /65.4 = PE of 12.3. That's a stunning PE. Plus an awesome divi to come that's already been taxed. It could be large too.
    I see there was a 4.5m wage/rent subsidy. So, if this was removed (which is like saying the shops would have made nothing if they were open - unlikely) that gives EPS of 50c. This gives a PE of 16, at $8 a share. Remember Briscoes runs on a PE of 18.
    HLG have done very well in a very challenging environment. I can't see why this wouldn't continue. Looking at the fairly average turn over today, I'm picking people need time to understand this result and the share price will climb over the next week or two. I, just can't believe it dropped today on such a good result. Feel free to point out all my misunderstandings here.