sharetrader
Page 630 of 899 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640680730 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 8983

Hallensteins always generated healthy cash flows which was both reinvested back into the business ans paying dividends

Cash flow saw this Christchurch store revamped once

But now in a nice new glossy store in christchurch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 19-02-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bendix Hallenstein was a wise old guy

http://www.nzfashionmuseum.org.nz/hallensteins/
    WOW...thank you so much. I really enjoyed reading about the fascinating history of our company.
    I have always maintained that there was more money in selling picks, shovels, clothes and equipment to gold miners than in gold mining itself
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Amazing.. history!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Amazing.. history!!!
    It sure is...you can't buy history like that for love nor money...oh wait, yes you can
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

On course to push past $8 as soon as next week, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    On course to push past $8 as soon as next week, perhaps?
    Will be nice to see $8.00 soon.

Has to be one of the few stocks on the NZX which will benefit from sector rotation from yield to growth - as HLG provides yield & growth & a strong balance sheet!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Will be nice to see $8.00 soon.

Has to be one of the few stocks on the NZX which will benefit from sector rotation from yield to growth - as HLG provides yield & growth & a strong balance sheet!

Effectively already there based on adding back the Dec 2020 div .. cycling back a bit ..

Nothing short of very impressive ..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    WOW...thank you so much. I really enjoyed reading about the fascinating history of our company.
    I have always maintained that there was more money in selling picks, shovels, clothes and equipment to gold miners than in gold mining itself
    I'm not sure if you can maintain that claim that -its been around for some time probably in the West Coast long before you turned up!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I'm not sure if you can maintain that claim that -its been around for some time probably in the West Coast long before you turned up!
    Its very nice to share in a small part of this proud companies magnificent history.

Yes, over $8 inclusive of the juicy dividend.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-02-2021 at 08:57 PM.

I'm very happy with my outsized HLG holding too (and DSK on the ASX). For any of you interested in NZ retail history - with a lot of inspirational business - and life - wisdom and adventure thrown in - this is a must read: https://www.fishpond.co.nz/c/Books/q...robert+laidlaw