sharetrader
Page 654 of 899 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704754 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 8983
    Advanced Member

Also some positive outlook, especially considering Auckland was in lockdown in this years period:

Future Outlook

Although the trading environment in both New Zealand and Australia remains challenging, and with the uncertainty of COVID-19 ever present, it is encouraging that Group sales for the first 7 weeks of the Winter season are +17.8% ahead of the same period last year. However, it must be considered that it was this time last year that the COVID-19 impact was beginning to be felt in both New Zealand and Australia.

During the period Auckland moved to Level 3 on the 15th February to 17th February 2021 and 28th February to 6 March 2021 where thirteen Hallenstein Brothers stores and twelve Glassons stores were closed.

Following the appointment of Stuart Duncan as the new Group CEO from 1 April 2021, the business will continue to focus on building digital engagement with our customers, cost control and improving our market share in the New Zealand and Australian fashion apparel sector in which we operate.

Not sure what happened posted in wrong forum.

Great results btw for HLG.
    Last edited by Alpha; 26-03-2021 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Wrong forum.

Guru

Continuing to build a reputation for managing growth in the RAG and BAG trade.

Holding Some... could be a chance to pick up more if there is a pull back sometime in the next 2 years but only if there is a global problem somewhere and there always is.

But wait ... we just did have a pull back!!!!

(miss post above on sky)
    Last edited by Waltzing; 26-03-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Solid result in what were difficult conditions with freight and logistical matters. I expect very good things from this company going forward. I know some other retailers have coped better with freight and logistical challenges in the period under review and expanded gross margin and good on them I say. I'm not sending this well managed company on attractive metrics to the sin-bin for one period where they could have performed more optimally.
    Is that code for not that impressed but you will give them one more chance .....but will be keeping a close eye on the share price for any sign of sustained weakness when Plan B will come into play .... and probably no longer a 'conviction stock'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Is that code for not that impressed but you will give them one more chance .....but will be keeping a close eye on the share price for any sign of sustained weakness when Plan B will come into play .... and probably no longer a 'conviction stock'
    Like you have changed your mind on MFB?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe have another read of sentences 4 and 5 of my post.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Maybe have another read of sentences 4 and 5 of my post.
    Yeah, they remind me of some of your sentences about OCA a month or two ago...

The first 7 weeks of H2 sales are up 18% is awesome. The announcement sort of hinted that this is against a Covid related period last year.

But last years sales were +3.8% on pcp so Covid hadn’t really impacted

One could assume that there’s some real solid organic growth over the last 7 weeks ....even stronger growth than overall H1 sales that had heaps of catch up in them

Pretty cool eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

can someone please tell me what the dividend yield is now, p.a.?

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    can someone please tell me what the dividend yield is now, p.a.?
    That is something you can easily figure out yourself, I believe NZX even does it for you.

Pleased with result, particularly the trading of the first 7 weeks of this half, which I THINK encompasses the period just before we locked down last year.