sharetrader
Page 656 of 899 FirstFirst ... 156556606646652653654655656657658659660666706756 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 8983
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    If I was a smart as you, maybe .. but clearly not, which is why I am asking.. NZD says 7.22% but that's what it said yesterday and I don't trust NZX very far anyway. An Interim Dividend of 23c is about 3.1% @ $7.50 but how would you account for a final dividend?
    Mr Beagle further up estimates say 23 cps for FY Div to come (usually December paid)

46.0 cps estimate FY Cash Div

add on Imputation credits 28/72 = 17.89 cps

Gross Div (incl Imp Credits) = 63.89 cps

SP say $7.50 currently

= 8.52 % approx Gross Div Yield (including Imputation credits)

NZX site looks to currently record theirs on earlier or last years historic dividends, and upcoming
    April Div is not yet showing here as of now:

https://www.nzx.com/instruments/HLG/dividends
    Last edited by nztx; 26-03-2021 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add more

If I was a smart as you, maybe .. but clearly not, which is why I am asking.. NZD says 7.22% but that's what it said yesterday and I don't trust NZX very far anyway. An Interim Dividend of 23c is about 3.1% @ $7.50 but how would you account for a final dividend?
    Gb - NZX 7.22% is calculated on the Sep20 and Dec20 dividends of 39 cents net.

NZX calc is always retrospective
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

NZX's 7.22% is calculated as the last year's interim & final dividends (cash + imputation credits) of 20.83c & 33.33c respectively = 54.16c on sp of $7.50 = Gross Div Yield 7.22%

For the next financial year, you will have to make your own estimate of what the final dividend is going to be to get the gross dividend yield.

If one takes a simplistic view that the final dividend will be 15% more like this interim dividend (23c vs 20c), then the prospective gross yield for F21 will be 8.2%.

I note that HLG is only paying out 70%* of EPS of 33c with this interim dividend of 23c when the company could have easily paid out (like previous years) 30c so I am picking a bumper 30c final dividend.

So I am calling it 9.8% gross yield for F21.

*HLG is right to be cautious (like in 2020) with the pandemic still out there and lockdowns being a possibility until everyone who wants to get vaccinated, gets vaccinated.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-03-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Mr Beagle further up estimates say 23 cps for FY Div to come (usually December paid)

46.0 cps estimate FY Cash Div

add on Imputation credits 28/72 = 17.89 cps

Gross Div (incl Imp Credits) = 63.89 cps

SP say $7.50 currently

= 8.52 % approx Gross Div Yield (including Imputation credits)

NZX site looks to currently record theirs on earlier or last years historic dividends, and upcoming
    April Div is not yet showing here as of now:

perfect - thank you! (ex-Capital Gains trader, learning to love dividends now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    NZX's 7.22% is calculated as the last year's interim & final dividends (cash + imputation credits) of 20.83c & 33.33c respectively = 54.16c on sp of $7.50 = Gross Div Yield 7.22%

For the next financial year, you will have to make your own estimate of what the final dividend is going to be to get the gross dividend yield.

If one takes a simplistic view that the final dividend will be 15% more like this interim dividend (23c vs 20c), then the prospective gross yield for F21 will be 8.2%.

I note that HLG is only paying out 70%* of EPS of 33c with this interim dividend of 23c when the company could have easily paid out (like previous years) 30c so I am picking a bumper 30c final dividend.

So I am calling it 9.8% gross yield for F21.

*HLG is right to be cautious (like in 2020) with the pandemic still out there and lockdowns being a possibility until everyone who wants to get vaccinated, gets vaccinated.
    I think there's a very good chance you'll be correct.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Interesting market response to an OK result and a juicy divvy, SP closing 1.6% down albeit on relatively small volume.

Legend

perfect - thank you! (ex-Capital Gains trader, learning to love dividends now...)

A good deal to be loved about Companies who attach a full Imputation credit to distributions

Just 5% Div RWT on Gross Dividend to come out of the Cash Dividend (topping up to 33% Tax rate for most dividends)

It certainly beats losing 33% Div RWT - where the Company paying a Dividend attaches No Imputation credits..

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    Interesting market response to an OK result and a juicy divvy, SP closing 1.6% down albeit on relatively small volume.
    I tell you why -- backed the truck up yesterday not today .. don't tell anyone ..

Retail clothing market in eastern states OZ up 2% on pcp in period corresponding to HLG H1 period

Glassons AU sales up 27%

Relentless market share gains continue

And new stores soon by sounds of it .... even better
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Retail clothing market in eastern states OZ up 2% on pcp in period corresponding to HLG H1 period

Glassons AU sales up 27%

Relentless market share gains continue

And new stores soon by sounds of it .... even better
    Nice chart, W69.

Thanks.