sharetrader
Page 659 of 899 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    They have a simple option - sell out.
    I think they are ... almost certain after the divie
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Why not ....getting off the slow train and getting on the express train good move

Loyalty don’t matter
    Steady wins the race, you know that W69.

MFB is a slow or fast train?

I think they are ... almost certain after the divie
    Yawn - yearly event.

How about MFB - will those who bought for the promised dividend (paid from IPO proceeds) sell after the divie?
    Last edited by Balance; 29-03-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Advanced Member

HLG Group sales up 22m in H1 v pcp (+14%). No doubt a lot of catch up sales post lockdown as well as some organic growth. Seems a lot of what have been store sales during lockdowns were later converted into online sales.

But npbt was only up 6.9m - margins hurt a bit but what's a worry is that expenses were up 2.4m on pcp. If you add back grants and rent relief gross expenses were up 7.9m -10% higher. People costs ere up 12% (that's a worry).

without those grants and rent relief npbt would have been about the same as pcp - even though sales up 22m

Besides supply chain pricing failurs that impacted margins it seems that expenses are a bit out of control as well (Mary says 'well controlled' .....hmmm)

Maybe they have too many workers and rents are a problem ....but it is a shame that the 'resilience' they have shown (huge increase in sales) hasn't really converted into real profits.

Always got to look forward but hopefully this is not a sign of what F22 will look like.
    I think it's probably too soon to worry about the expenses to sales ratio. I think there were undoubtedly quite a bit of sales lost during lockdown, even with the good online sales momentum, and covid has definitely impacted shipping expenses with all the air freighting they have been doing. The rise in people costs will be driven both by new store openings in Australia, but also the big increases in minimum wage surpassing HLG base pay for retail staff. Future minimum wage rises will decrease as a percentage, even as the value in annual increases likely remains the same, if you catch my drift. I'm not too distressed by the minimum wage increases as although it increases HLG labour costs, it also increases the purchasing power of a core glassons customer demographic.

Advanced Member

Interesting - just watching post-cabinet press conference, and it sounds like the large minimum wage increases might actually have finished! likely that future increases will be quite a bit smaller.

Hallensteins store in Cuba St mentioned on radio this morning — shoplifting so rampant the manager doesn’t call the cops any more. Every day and that’s the ones they catch.

Another consequence of government policy failure - a lot of motels full of homeless people etc up that end of town .Big drug raid at one the other day.

One good thing - Hallensteins have cool clothes that this growing market segment love.

... have power to make you great

Hallensteins store in Cuba St mentioned on radio this morning — shoplifting so rampant the manager doesn’t call the cops any more. Every day and that’s the ones they catch.

Another consequence of government policy failure - a lot of motels full of homeless people etc up that end of town .Big drug raid at one the other day.

One good thing - Hallensteins have cool clothes that this growing market segment love.
    Senior management needs to get on this and employ friggin security asap or have the police monitor. Also work with LL or business association.... apart from the obvious criminal aspect I would have thought this is an employee safety issue and the risk of copycat at other stores. I didn't hear the interview so perhaps there is another side to it.
    Last edited by Habits; 30-03-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Senior management needs to get on this and employ friggin security asap or have the police monitor. Also work with LL or business association.... apart from the obvious criminal aspect I would have thought this is an employee safety issue and the risk of copycat at other stores. I didn't hear the interview so perhaps there is another side to it.
    It was a piece about most of Cuba St suffering from shoplifting but Hallensteins manager quoted.

Probably a problen nationwide anyway and they possibly lose up to 2% of stock anyway
    Last edited by winner69; 30-03-2021 at 09:23 AM.

glassons is cool , i dont think hallensteins is cool anymore going of my demographic stocktake of what late teen kids thing of it
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    glassons is cool , i dont think hallensteins is cool anymore going of my demographic stocktake of what late teen kids thing of it
    Maybe street kids aren’t that fussy ...but Hallensteins attract them by the sounds of it