sharetrader
Page 688 of 899 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 8983
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/cov...P5MUHDNPGPAKY/

Divisions have emerged in recent days in the NSW Government amid reports there was opposition to extending the lockdown, including from Treasurer Dominic Perrottet, who is working on a major rescue and support package for businesses and workers.
    77 cases today - there is no way this lockdown isn’t extended until well into August. Premier saying Federal national government will need to come to the party with another job keeper program or similar.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx used a word not allowed on this thread
    Last edited by winner69; 11-07-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Extended lockdown is not necessarily a negative due to online shopping. I am reliably told the Glassons website is a good online shopping experience so now they have a captive lockdown audience.

I am aware the app used on a smartphone can be slow to load and buggy. Some recent reviews of the android version of the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.customer.app are not good. Let's hope the IT team get on top of this as a matter of priority so the orders from lockdown can start rolling in. Kids are so sophisticated these days they will bounce to a competitors app if it has better usability.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by clearasmud View Post
    I'm overweight in this stock. (9%).
    Any better ideas?
    Nothing wrong being overweight in a good stock. I was 50% on 7/4/21 for the div but am now at 37%. Last year was 100% with a2 for a very short time, that was quite hair raising, but am now about 10%.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    77 cases today - there is no way this lockdown isn’t extended until well into August. Premier saying Federal national government will need to come to the party with another job keeper program or similar.
    Having had more cases than that on my ship, myself included, I say "what a f.....g BS" What about stopping the scaremongering about this flu and get on with life !
    Last edited by iceman; 11-07-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Extended lockdown is not necessarily a negative due to online shopping. I am reliably told the Glassons website is a good online shopping experience so now they have a captive lockdown audience.

I am aware the app used on a smartphone can be slow to load and buggy. Some recent reviews of the android version of the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.customer.app are not good. Let's hope the IT team get on top of this as a matter of priority so the orders from lockdown can start rolling in. Kids are so sophisticated these days they will bounce to a competitors app if it has better usability.
    majority of consumer spending occurs on iOS (iPhone) and Android is hideous to develop for (with the thousands of different hardware/software variations). Probably better to push product in Android through the website via social media app campaigns on Instagram/FB etc.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 12-07-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Having had more cases than that on my ship, myself included, I say "what a f.....g BS" What about stopping the scaremongering about this flu and get on with life !
    probably because the last 18 months have conclusively proven that the best result from both an economic AND human health perspective is the elimination strategy via lockdowns & contact tracing. It will remain that way until the vaccination program is near complete and lockdowns are no longer necessary (probably year end for NZ & Australia).

New Zealand & Australia are of course the prime examples of this with outstanding economic growth and extremely low covid death rate.

I’m sorry you got infected, but happy to hear you obviously recovered (hopefully without any long term health impact). Unfortunately for between 1-2% of other identified infected people they didn’t recover and subsequently died, and a further large fraction have life long health issues to deal with. A 1% death rate in an unvaccinated population is enough to stick with lockdowns for another 6 months.

I have have friends in Fiji currently, and it is a prime example of how everything goes when you choose not to lockdown - their health system has completely collapsed meaning people are dying from treatable non-covid health events because they literally have no access to hospitals now. Their economy has also completely imploded.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 12-07-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    majority of consumer spending occurs on iOS (iPhone) and Android is hideous to develop for (with the thousands of different hardware/software variations). Probably better to push product in Android through the website via social media app campaigns on Instagram/FB etc.
    Thanks for the info Laser although it seems they have a bit of work to do on the iOS app too: https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/glasso...ee-all/reviews although the user rating is somewhat better than the android version.

Might be weak end to HLG financial year

Card spend June data Stats NZ showed retail sales up 0.9% (sa) on May - core retail up 0.6%

But apparel down 5.1% on May

That's some drop
    Last edited by winner69; 12-07-2021 at 01:52 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Well said LaserEyeKiwi, I heartily agree with you.