sharetrader
Page 70 of 899 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Me back on board again after selling 20,000 @ 2.72c last month to to buy AIR. What a boo boo that was. Bought 10,000 at close at $3.14c this arvonoon, go booby go.

Advanced Member

Good for you for admitting your error, my recent one was to see some of my TME for $4.60!

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8458...ts-profit-drop

Interesting to read the comments. Not all clear sky for Glassons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8458...ts-profit-drop

Interesting to read the comments. Not all clear sky for Glassons.
    Yes interesting, but I'm sure Glassons market research already told them this and they have already acted to try to 'find their way' again - if they were ever lost?

What did the story say - this years sales up 19% with improved margins. Whatever Di is doing appears to be working.

Whether what they sell is hopeless, outdated, unfashionable or whatever it can be too bad as they sell $84m odd of the stuff a year - not that much different from those per-2010 glory days mentioned in the article.

The comments under most articles in these news sites aren't really much different from many ST threads - give punters a chance and all the anti / negative (careful with my words here) stuff comes out. Human nature I suppose
    Last edited by winner69; 24-09-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Let's see if this share goes like AIR ST thread over time, possibly a little more run up before reality strikes. I don't care how much they sell unless they make a decent Buck. It's great to have such a lag between reality and sentiment. Still holding however always watching closely, even from afar in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Let's see if this share goes like AIR ST thread over time, possibly a little more run up before reality strikes. I don't care how much they sell unless they make a decent Buck. It's great to have such a lag between reality and sentiment. Still holding however always watching closely, even from afar in NYC.
    They going to make a decent buck this coming year Raz - enough to pay a 33 cent dividend (cF16 was 30 cents). Expected cash flows will support that level dividend and it's only what they were paying out a few years ago.

What price punters pay for this - 4 bucks seem reasonable. And for thosewho likes to value on PE ratios that is a PE of less than 12

Geez with you, see weed and Paper Tiger on the register we must be on a winner. And best of all percy has joined us and everything he buys goes up - on average 48% so look out $4.50 plus.

But watch that squiggly line on the chart - just in case
    Last edited by winner69; 25-09-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Always admired HLG's inventory / margin management over the years - the key to their success in consistently generating strong cash flows

Four retailers reported last week - from my little database of stuff the table below highlights how good HLG are in this respect, and far superior to Kathmandu

HLG generate $6.36 Gross Margin from every $ of stock - KMD only $2.55

HLG has a Turn/Earn Ratio of 2.7 (very good) compared to KMD's 1.0. This is saying that HLG make 56.6% GM when they sell their stock and they do that 4.8 times a year (stock turns) - whereas KMD have a better margin at 62.6% but they only turn over their stock 1.7 times a year. Easy to see whose the most efficient / productive and has a much superior return on their investment in stock.

On all these measures HLG is by far the best

Just thought you would be interested
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice comparison of NZ retail, thanks for this Winner.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    HLG has a Turn/Earn Ratio of 2.7 (very good) compared to KMD's 1.0. This is saying that HLG make 56.6% GM when they sell their stock and they do that 4.8 times a year (stock turns) - whereas KMD have a better margin at 62.6% but they only turn over their stock 1.7 times a year. Easy to see whose the most efficient / productive and has a much superior return on their investment in stock.

On all these measures HLG is by far the best

Just thought you would be interested
    Good Post Winner - thanks

Graeme Popplewell the CEO said to the NBR that the F16 result was at “absolute bottom of the barrel” and that profit figures should increase in coming years.

My first rough cut forecast for F17 is assuming 5% sales growth, 2% points better margin and expenses up 2% which gives NPaT just over $20m

EPS 34 cents - merits a share price of ? -- where ? > $3.16 I reckon