sharetrader
Page 711 of 899 FirstFirst ... 211611661701707708709710711712713714715721761811 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 8983

Might get an update this week and an idea of full year profit

Beagle has mentioned something like 36m/37m while i've said closer to 40m

Hoping like hell that F21 profit in excess of 32m --- if not it means last six months profit same or less than last year --- when we were in depths of lockdown
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

JB HiFi sales have been booming over the last year or so

But in Australia over last 6 weeks they are down 15% as the de facto lockdowns bite

Wonder how Glassons are going?

Guru

Different types of products? Try and return of TV's bit different than jeans, T shirts and swim wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Different types of products? Try and return of TV's bit different than jeans, T shirts and swim wear.
    The message was ‘consumer spend is down’ …..and no doubt sales of clothes are down as well

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    I never really cared what I wore during lockdown here last year...anything comfortable would do. I don't think all that many people update their wardrobe during lockdown but maybe Women do ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Fashion is a 24/7 industry....

Fashion shows on TT... its always time for home fashion shoppers to show off purchases and makeup styles on TT...

Lock downs are the perfect time to undertake the big jobs of sorting out your fashion wear for the coming summer..

when the storm clouds clear the shoppers will be out in force again with a new shopping list.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 16-08-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I never really cared what I wore during lockdown here last year...anything comfortable would do. I don't think all that many people update their wardrobe during lockdown but maybe Women do ?
    Yes, boredom sets in... = loads of scrolling through items online and buying stuff. my wife bought heaps of new outfits, sent some stuff back, bought more stuff etc. great way to pass the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Yes, boredom sets in... = loads of scrolling through items online and buying stuff. my wife bought heaps of new outfits, sent some stuff back, bought more stuff etc. great way to pass the time!
    I didn't see Mrs B engaging in any such folly during lockdown. Maybe she's a special hound ? Has to have very special tolerance capabilities to put up with an old cantankerous mutt like me lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Glasson demographic is the TT generation.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/cov...FE2SP33NHYD6E/

Almost given up on any chance of elimination ?
    What are the implications for HLG and other listed retailers with an extensive branch network there like Michael Hill ?