sharetrader
Page 722 of 899 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772822 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    if anyone wants to be reminded why HLG is doing so poorly last mth 3% down compared to bgr up 15% for the mth and whs 9% up for the mth its because hlg is in aus and that market is getting hammered just today retail sales data in aus shows in july clothing sales are down 15%. the smart money went to bgr and whs its not to late in my opinion to board the winners.
    What has happened with your trading position in ATM from 2 days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What has happened with your trading position in ATM from 2 days ago?
    nothing like a good gamble on a surprise
    one step ahead of the herd

if anyone wants to be reminded why HLG is doing so poorly last mth 3% down compared to bgr up 15% for the mth and whs 9% up for the mth its because hlg is in aus and that market is getting hammered just today retail sales data in aus shows in july clothing sales are down 15%. the smart money went to bgr and whs its not to late in my opinion to board the winners.
    HLG will be taking the generous Australian Govt wage subsidies and now the N.Z. ones as well and are smart enough to keep them. Meanwhile their exceptional online shopping websites will be garnering a lot of traffic.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-08-2021 at 05:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

nothing like a good gamble on a surprise
    Is that what you call it?

Good gamble? Buy high sell low.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-08-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Is that what you call it?

Good gamble? Buy high sell low.

Don't tell anyone .. but I did similar on NZO heading into Ironbark revelation time

I now have higher HLG levels to compensate for spur of the moment gambles

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    The Board & Management of most if not all listed companies probably get to see quarterlies (if not monthly reports)
    for any listed company of any significance - whether NZX could cope with a myriad of quarterlies (past mining
    reporting currently) could be another matter ..
    Last job I had in a corporate (before divorcing myself from the evils of corporate carry ons) was with a listed ASX company with 7 divisions (businesses) across 4 countries.

Month end went like this - day 4 each division submitted final accounts ……Followed by management commentary (no more than 2 pages) …….by day 6 corporate office had consolidated all finances and prepared full financial report ….day 8 CEO had sent financial report and commentary to the Board ……and sometime after that the Chair would discuss with the CEO

I’m sure HLG monitor sales and margins daily and shortly after the end of the month know how profitable they’ve been

betcha they don’t use Xero
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I agree, HLG has demonstrated itself to be a very successful business and that is not achieved without keeping a close eye on what's going on day by day

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Last job I had in a corporate (before divorcing myself from the evils of corporate carry ons) was with a listed ASX company with 7 divisions (businesses) across 4 countries.

Month end went like this - day 4 each division submitted final accounts ……Followed by management commentary (no more than 2 pages) …….by day 6 corporate office had consolidated all finances and prepared full financial report ….day 8 CEO had sent financial report and commentary to the Board ……and sometime after that the Chair would discuss with the CEO

I’m sure HLG monitor sales and margins daily and shortly after the end of the month know how profitable they’ve been

betcha they don’t use Xero

Hahaha agreed

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hmm bull getting negative on HLG again, thats a signal to start thinking about when to start pulling the buy trigger. Lol
    Prophetic words, couta1.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 850man View Post
    I agree, HLG has demonstrated itself to be a very successful business and that is not achieved without keeping a close eye on what's going on day by day
    This is right. The only problem is every time I want to buy or sell a few thousand it pushes the sp up or down 10 or 20c. and that starts a snow ball effect eg July to August from $7.40s to $6.70s. I think it was Beagle who had the right idea a while back, for a 1 for 3 or a 1 for 5 share split .