sharetrader
Page 723 of 899 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    This is right. The only problem is every time I want to buy or sell a few thousand it pushes the sp up or down 10 or 20c. and that starts a snow ball effect eg July to August from $7.40s to $6.70s. I think it was Beagle who had the right idea a while back, for a 1 for 3 or a 1 for 5 share split .
    Go against your instincts then - sell when you feel like buying and vice versa. Seriously - worked for me in the old days.

harvey norman just released results say sales in aus down 20% last 2 mths in NZ sales are down 13% obviously most of the sales drop is related to the last 2 weeks of lockdown in NZ they say for both countries they see sales bouncing back once lockdowns finish
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    harvey norman just released results say sales in aus down 20% last 2 mths in NZ sales are down 13% obviously most of the sales drop is related to the last 2 weeks of lockdown in NZ they say for both countries they see sales bouncing back once lockdowns finish
    I wonder how much of a bounce back there will be - fair bit of talk going on now that there are only so many couches and TVs that we can purchase - and perhaps the previous bounce back (off the back of the L4 lockdown last year) was a gift. This lockdown in AKL is hurting more than the previous ones and with continual uncertainty on future lockdowns, even when vaccinated, will the wallets open as wide this time round ? It will be interesting to keep a watch on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by STr View Post
    I wonder how much of a bounce back there will be - fair bit of talk going on now that there are only so many couches and TVs that we can purchase - and perhaps the previous bounce back (off the back of the L4 lockdown last year) was a gift. This lockdown in AKL is hurting more than the previous ones and with continual uncertainty on future lockdowns, even when vaccinated, will the wallets open as wide this time round ? It will be interesting to keep a watch on this one.
    Government is still pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into households. And there’s not going to be overseas travel for at least another (optimistic) 6 months.

I am told by a furniture store owner that their biggest problem is getting shipments in time to supply & sell. They have been taking 10% deposits to secure furniture and appliances - appliances are about a month behind schedule but furniture is running 3 months behind scheduled delivery!

ANZ economist said about the last past lockdown boom - “The wealth impacts on spending were huge". The 30% increase in house prices helped.

Bounce might not be as big this time around …..as they say house prices won’t be going up 30% this time.

All speculation ….media and expert commentary all noise anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by STr View Post
    As long as the property market keeps humming , spending will remain strong for a while yet. 2 very important factors keeping the NZ economy going at the moment.
    things will slow down late next yr is my pick as rbnz raise rates and property market cools hence retail spend will decline some , not crash. world economy has already reached peak growth this cycle doesnt mean growth in the world wont remain robust though just slow from peak at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ANZ economist said about the last past lockdown boom - “The wealth impacts on spending were huge". The 30% increase in house prices helped.

Bounce might not be as big this time around …..as they say house prices won’t be going up 30% this time.

All speculation ….media and expert commentary all noise anyway
    We only knew about the house price increases after the fact but that didn't stop people spending as soon as they could. I think the very low interest rates and lack of ability to travel internationally are the two biggest factors. Sure, house price gains help too.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I see Gerry has repaid JobKeeper subsidies

Made zillions …didn’t really need them
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I see Gerry has repaid JobKeeper subsidies

Made zillions …didn’t really need them
    yes gerry saw the light and realised long term it was better for business considering all the blow back he was getting in aus. dont know if he paid his nz one back , but then again the bunch at the top in NZ dont really care if you do or you dont unlike in aus.

Guru

TV1 news showing that the local fashion shoppers are still at it..