sharetrader
Page 821 of 899 FirstFirst ... 321721771811817818819820821822823824825831871 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,210 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Last bit of HLG half year assessment is 'where could share price go over next year'

I'll let the picture answer that

The July 22 EPS is my forecast
    Ouch that could go under $4...that's pretty scary. Maybe there's an element of cyclicality to this after all, surely not
    No worries, Australian growth in Glassons will carry the day, huge dressable market there !
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-03-2022 at 09:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Ouch that could go under $4...that's pretty scary. Maybe there's an element of cyclicality to this after all, surely not
    No worries, Australian growth in Glassons will carry the day, huge dressable market there !
    A lot riding on Aus.. all it takes is for the guru Glasson buyers to get it wrong for one season- which does happen to every rag trader.. they would have to dump the bad clothing on very low margins and thus turn in a terrible profit. Then this house of cards comes tumbling down.

Guru

"house of cards comes tumbling down"

its happened before and because the balance sheet has no debt it matters little. They adjust and off they go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    A lot riding on Aus.. all it takes is for the guru Glasson buyers to get it wrong for one season- which does happen to every rag trader.. they would have to dump the bad clothing on very low margins and thus turn in a terrible profit. Then this house of cards comes tumbling down.
    Everything riding on Australia. N.Z. sales have effectively been stagnant on average for many, many years.
    Huge market that they've only begum to scratch the surface of. I'm impressed with how well they're managing the supply chain challenges with the gross profit margin up a bit in the latest half year result. No easy feat given the widely publicized severity of the issue. Market doesn't seem too concerned so it looks like I can go back to sleep. 5% gross yield is fine for a growth company, that's what the market is saying.
    Shares are up today, no worries
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-03-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Thank you MR B..

Share bounced off 5.80 support and its an AUS Proxy now. Growth with no debt; hard to beat that.

BRIS has however moved forward in NZ along with WHS. Though WHS has a lot more hard work to do than BRIS.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 28-03-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty uninspiring the KMD profit trends

Take it you still in love with KMD

KMD .. have difficulty feeling enthused to fly even at a safe height over that one

it did present an opportunity, like most others riding out of the Covid dip - that is for
    those who didn't get too badly suckered in on the 'Get us out of a Bad Space'
    Cap Raise before the upwards trail that then followed ..

I'm not sure where you got that impression - Winner ?

Back to HLG .. that's a whole different Kettle of Fish

A small drop in profit, Div or change in ratios etc in current times is not a concern IMO

I tend to view their long track record & position instead
    Last edited by nztx; 28-03-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Advanced Member

Everything riding on Australia. N.Z. sales have effectively been stagnant on average for many, many years.
    Huge market that they've only begum to scratch the surface of. I'm impressed with how well they're managing the supply chain challenges with the gross profit margin up a bit in the latest half year result. No easy feat given the widely publicized severity of the issue. Market doesn't seem too concerned so it looks like I can go back to sleep. 5% gross yield is fine for a growth company, that's what the market is saying.
    I feel like Glassons has done fairly well just remaining stagnant in NZ, considering the amount of the apparel market that KMart is gobbling up with its aggressive expansion nationwide, along with H&M doing the same over the last decade (less so now). Its the opposite in Australia where glassons is the new entrant (albeit we are talking different size fish here, but better to be the small growing fish in a much larger market)
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 28-03-2022 at 11:07 AM.

percy

E‐Commerce
    Digital sales have increased to 32.8% of total Group sales for the six‐month period, up from 23.8% in
    the same period last year. There is an increased focus on digital marketing across the Group to drive
    engagement across all channels. The Glassons App continues to be very successful with more than
    500,000 downloads, while significant work has been undertaken on the Hallensteins web shop to
    improve the look and the customer experience.

Now 32.8% of total group sales is really something.
    So what sort of numbers do we get should US online sales take off.?
    I would think very big ones,considering the population of California alone is more than NZ and Aussie combined..!!..lol
    Last edited by percy; 28-03-2022 at 11:19 AM.

Guru

yes great numbers... now just need to see some share orders to match the on line...

4000 odd so far....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    E‐Commerce
    Digital sales have increased to 32.8% of total Group sales for the six‐month period, up from 23.8% in
    the same period last year. There is an increased focus on digital marketing across the Group to drive
    engagement across all channels. The Glassons App continues to be very successful with more than
    500,000 downloads, while significant work has been undertaken on the Hallensteins web shop to
    improve the look and the customer experience.

Now 32.8% of total group sales is really something.
    So what sort of numbers do we get should US online sales take off.?
    I would think very big ones,considering the population of California alone is more than NZ and Aussie combined..!!..lol
    Have they set up a US based fulfillment center yet? (You can use a 3rd party service for this even) - that would be the sign that they are serious on the US online effort.