sharetrader
Page 830 of 899 FirstFirst ... 330730780820826827828829830831832833834840880 ... LastLast
Results 8,291 to 8,300 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    11 days notice of a CEO resigning. Obviously much more to that story.
    Maybe going to be a competitor .... but that might have meant go today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I see the negativity abounds and I hate to question the Beagle

But I wonder if the pattern since March shows a turnaround

HLG01.JPG
    If there is any sign of a turnaround here and no breach of $5.70 I see up.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Thanks for your thoughts Peat. I see it differently.

On the TA front I see the recovery in late March and into early April bounced off the declining 100 day MA trendline and failed to break above it so the downtrend is intact. It also broke down through the 30 day moving average shortly afterwards adding emphasis to the downtrend continuing at least for the short term.

Fundamentally, I see it making $19-20m this year for about 33 cps so its on a forward PE of 18 which is close to a record for HLG, albeit, probably on trough year earnings.

I don't see what the catalyst is for this to break out of its downtrend anytime soon ?

In the long term I think its a great stock but I think shareholders can probably expect some more short term pain in the months to come. Maybe shareholders can hope it tracks sideways for a while but its a long time until the next dividend in December.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-04-2022 at 11:07 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hey waltzing me old mate

Got the big sheets of paper and crayons out again to look at the HLG chart going back to last century

Still see 7/8 year cyclical low coming up..... sometime later this year .... maybe early last year after another not so good update after Christmas ..... low could be around $3.50 / $4.00 level (using thick crayons)

At $4.00 that's a PE of about 12 .....hmmm

All seems to tie in

Be pretty sad for some even if I'm only half right
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Big and key TA test coming up. Will it hold above the 52 week low of $5.75 ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

You guys are the Legends.

would 3.50 mean earning cut in half? thats pretty big call? Suppose if supply chain goes to hell in a hand basket and inflation goes even higher with no solution to oil and food.

Its back to the 1979?

78 was a revolution good year for kelvar carbon composite hull rowing and canoe designs.

Surfs up in the bay and its an endless summer in paradise.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-04-2022 at 01:11 PM.

The HLG bulls are falling away. Always said it was overpriced compared to the other nzx retailers

Legend

now posted in correct thread
    Last edited by nztx; 24-04-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Not really sure if HLG is really classified as consumer staples or consumer discretionary, probably more the latter.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-04-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Guru

Dont think there is anything in H Bros that is expensive enough to be considered much more than basic required clothing.

The way the cheeky boys and girls are locking up city blocks they may run out of workers to actual man anything much in CHMAO land.

There are some real ticking time bombs out there in the supply chain starting to appear.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-04-2022 at 11:25 PM.