sharetrader
Page 878 of 899 FirstFirst ... 378778828868874875876877878879880881882888 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Thank you. So what you are saying is the depth I am looking at is not always the true depth of shares being bought and sold.
    If you are talking about the numbers the NZX (or other stock exchanges) try to provide in real time, this would be correct. Many shares are e.g. just traded internally at some brokers place - i.e. NZX can't possibly know about them before trading ... and they will never appear in their depth (not even historically) unless the trades are closed and later reported to the stock exchange.

If you are talking about the historic depth (i.e. shares traded yesterday or earlier), I would think that the latter number (of shares actually changing hands) would be accurate, because all trades (or ownership changes) will be reported to the stock exchange - just not in real time.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 18-05-2023 at 05:28 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/411688

Resignation of Group Chief Executive Officer
    The Company advises the resignation of Group CEO Stuart Duncan, effective 17th November 2023.
    Chairman of Directors Warren Bell said that the Company acknowledges the contribution Stuart has made to the Group and in particular his stewardship over the very challenging period dealing with the impact of Covid. Mr Duncan takes up a new role in late November and we wish him success in his new endeavors.
    The Board will commence a search for a replacement.

Warren Bell
    Chairman

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/411688

Resignation of Group Chief Executive Officer
    The Company advises the resignation of Group CEO Stuart Duncan, effective 17th November 2023.
    Chairman of Directors Warren Bell said that the Company acknowledges the contribution Stuart has made to the Group and in particular his stewardship over the very challenging period dealing with the impact of Covid. Mr Duncan takes up a new role in late November and we wish him success in his new endeavors.
    The Board will commence a search for a replacement.

Warren Bell
    Chairman
    Huge loss for the company...Stuart was well regarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Huge loss for the company...Stuart was well regarded.
    Wonder where the grass is greener
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Universal Store - probably the best ASX listed comparable to HLG - today announced a FY23 profit update that was below 13% consensus EBIT. Similar fast fashion segment and age profile but with a greater proportion of menswear.

They noted:
    "More recently, trading conditions observed throughout April and May to date have further tightened indicating that some customers are reducing their spending. The Group expects this subdued environment to continue for the balance of FY23 and into FY24."

The SP down 25% from yesterday, which before today was down 22% from its 12 month high in January.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder where the grass is greener
    dunno but he didn't appear keen to engage with the NBR in today's article
    https://www.nbr.co.nz/the-flip-side/...cal-investors/

probably two sides to this story but only one was told

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Universal Store - probably the best ASX listed comparable to HLG - today announced a FY23 profit update that was below 13% consensus EBIT. Similar fast fashion segment and age profile but with a greater proportion of menswear.

They noted:
    "More recently, trading conditions observed throughout April and May to date have further tightened indicating that some customers are reducing their spending. The Group expects this subdued environment to continue for the balance of FY23 and into FY24."

The SP down 25% from yesterday, which before today was down 22% from its 12 month high in January.
    I read UNI's announcement and was surprised their sp fell so much.
    I note UNI is trading on a PE of 8.95 and a yield of 7.78%.Looks good value to me.
    Interesting to note HLG's PE is 10.45 and their yield is 7.93%.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I read UNI's announcement and was surprised their sp fell so much.
    I note UNI is trading on a PE of 8.95 and a yield of 7.78%.Looks good value to me.
    Interesting to note HLG's PE is 10.45 and their yield is 7.93%.
    Those would have been based off pre downgrade earnings would imagine consensus falls. I think its been the speed of the deterioration since the last update that has alarmed some. Not sure the 25% drop warranted thats a huge drop for one day off a base that had already started pricing in headwinds

ccx ( apparel for + size ) in aus two reported 2 days ago there sales dropped off a cliff too last 2 mths
    one step ahead of the herd

No company can maintain rising profits and growth almost every quarter. By Looking at five year revenue and earnings can get better idea than by looking at one quarter revenue and earnings. Future earnigns are more important than current earnings and past earnings. They can carry out their business as long as they manage their debt prudently, generate cash flow and maintain a healthy balance sheet