sharetrader
Page 88 of 899 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188588 ... LastLast
    percy

Yes I had been thinking joining the dots, the increase in next year's profit would be significant.
    However I think you are right,it will be VERY significant.
    So my eps target of between 30 cents and 35 cents may come in at the upper end. Maybe higher? Very significant.
    The agm addresses did confirm my thinking.
    Last edited by percy; 13-12-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Advanced Member

Whats the sp on now? I have just come back from lunch and to scared to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yes, Mark Goddard's Australian retail experience should be helpful if they push further into that market and ensure he's not lost in space there. CEO made some comment on the new boys on the street:

"Two months ago we faced competition from both H&M and Zara in New Zealand for the
    first time when both brands opened at Sylvia Park, Auckland. To meet that competition we re-built
    our stores and I can report performance has improved since the ‘new competition’ has opened."

That's fighting talk!
    Highlights the very point that Percy was the first to make. Also underscores the attractiveness of the modern euro look of the new format stores that's a point I was making quite some time back.

Please nobody hate me for this, but I would prefer to see them keep the dividends the same for the next few years at 30 cps per annum, (rather than ramp them up which they easily could) and really get stuck in and roll out these incredibly stylish new stores really quickly.

We appear to be very well positioned
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I was really interested to see that Glassons Australia is moving back towards profit and they've opened 2 Hallensteins stores in Australia too.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes I had been thinking joining the dots, the increase in next year's profit would be significant.
    However I think you are right,it will be VERY significant.
    So my eps target of between 30 cents and 35 cents may come in at the upper end. Maybe higher? Very significant.
    The agm addresses did confirm my thinking.
    So whata you think. Another wave of buyers come through tomorrow after reading all the good news in the morning paper? and paying such a good div. Every man and his cat will want a bit of the action. Glad I bought all mine last week. Actually purchased 5000 more than what I thought I had.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    So whata you think. Another wave of buyers come through tomorrow after reading all the good news in the morning paper? and paying such a good div. Every man and his cat will want a bit of the action. Glad I bought all mine last week. Actually purchased 5000 more than what I thought I had.
    5.000 more than what you thought.??? !!!!!
    When they hit $5.50 that will be another $12,500 of profits for you.!!!!..lol.
    The sp.Often takes a week or two to react.Brokers' analysts will be reworking their "models",and updating their research.New target prices,new buy/outperform recommendations.Then brokers will put more clients into them.There was enough in today's addresses for analysts to put on their thinking caps. It happens,but often very slowly.We know what we are looking for,and today's agm confirms we are on the right road.So for us, we just sit back and wait for the end of January, Christmas trading update.Then we can argue on whether 2017 year eps will be 35 cents or more.!!!
    I expect sometime over Christmas either W69 or Roger will go for 40 cents or more.!!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 13-12-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Banned

Keep calm and carry on!

I'll be looking for H1 npat of at least $9m and a gross margin in the region of 58.5% and a sales uplift of 8-9%. The second half is even harder to guess at with weather factors etc but share price should see a move back above $3.50 if they can deliver c $9m for the first half. Another div in April prob 14 cents or so.

Advanced Member

The sp.Often takes a week or two to react.Brokers' analysts will be reworking their "models",and updating their research.New target prices,new buy/outperform recommendations.Then brokers will put more clients into them.There was enough in today's addresses for analysts to put on their thinking caps. It happens,but often very slowly.We know what we are looking for,and today's agm confirms we are on the right road.So for us, we just sit back and wait for the end of January, Christmas trading update.Then we can argue on whether 2017 year eps will be 35 cents or more.!!!
    I expect sometime over Christmas either W69 or Roger will go for 40 cents or more.!!!..lol.
    Yeah, thought I only bought 5000 last Friday, but had bought 2 lots of 5000 by mistake. Bought another 2 lots yesterday. But when counted them all up at the end of the day there was 95.000 and not 90,000. Not to worry, happy with this little holding and looking forward to Jan-Feb results and juicy div. about 8 weeks later.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yeah, thought I only bought 5000 last Friday, but had bought 2 lots of 5000 by mistake. Bought another 2 lots yesterday. But when counted them all up at the end of the day there was 95.000 and not 90,000. Not to worry, happy with this little holding and looking forward to Jan-Feb results and juicy div. about 8 weeks later.
    Are you related to Couta1.
    Have 95,000 reasons for asking.???..lol.

LOL I wouldn't rule that out especially if Mrs hound puts some special sauce into the Christmas pudding

Okay so on a serious note I thought I'd have a look at sales growth in recent years to put this years 10% growth into its proper perspective, (source five year financial highlights page 3 of annual return)
    Sales growth
    2013 $220.1m / $215.6m = 2.1%
    2014 $208m / $220.1m = (5.5)%
    2015 $221.5m / $208m = 6.5%
    2016 $223.5 / $221.5m = 0.9%

So 10% this year is really quite something !

See weed, mate that's what happens when you much around with the reverse gear when backing up the truck
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-12-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine