sharetrader
Page 880 of 899 FirstFirst ... 380780830870876877878879880881882883884890 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 8983
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yep hit coming to hlg profit margin i reckon too , wont be able to offset it

as a % of sales wages have continued to rise yr on yr could be a sharp increase next yr if sales fall

lovisa got savaged yesterday mainly because they are heavily effected by wage rise
    So it wont be going over $ 7 as proclaimed by Gurus ...OMG thats a shame ...62 Cents EPS and $ 7.88 valuations gone in the wind ...

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Quite a massive minimum wage increase just announced in Australia from the fair work commission - 5.75% (for both the awards rate and minimum rate). Last year those workers on awards earning more than A$869 rec'd a 4.6% increase but those below earned an increase of A$40/wk, equating to a pay rise of 4.6% to 5.2%. Expectations earlier in the year ranged from 4-5% increase this year but started drifting up, and consensus seemed to be for a similar increase this year to last year. CBA noted a bigger increase would lead to further interest rate rises. Increase starts on 1 July.

That's a big additional pressure on overheads in an increasingly precarious operating environment. Wages a big expense, and across FY21 and FY22 averaged about 38.6% of HLG's total operating expenses, in 1H FY23 that rose to 40.3%. That's another big lift starting in HLG's FY24 financial year.
    Your candid and impartial views on much cheered and played HLG are most refreshing and welcome ...hopefully many will appreciate what you also trying to do here ...hopefully your simple question to " Legend " will be answered honestly ...though I doubt it ...but we all know the answer ...

I did flag that issue at start but got bullied by followers ....

HLG will have double battle to fight ...wage bill increase + retail recession on horizon ....

Many will be looking for below $ 5 easily ...W69 / Bull's first low side target of $ 5 on cards some time ahead ....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Rawz .... jewellery sales chart looks like that as well

Just as well things don't revert to trend eh
    Yes same with a whole lot of other companies, even the greats like MFT. Lucky for MHJ they have bought some EPS via good capital allocation..

Might be able to pick up both MHJ and HLG really cheap soon

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    HLG to hit $7 today (surely)

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    So it wont be going over $ 7 as proclaimed by Gurus ...OMG thats a shame ...62 Cents EPS and $ 7.88 valuations gone in the wind ...
    Better learn to embrace uncertainty ... and learn that "gurus" predictions are not more worth than any other random prediction!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

lol you are a donkey. The way it was going I think many honest posters were surprised it didn’t hit $7

Don’t make me go back to the MFT thread wasn’t too long ago you said it will go to $100. Since fell back heaps since you made that comment my friend

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Better learn to embrace uncertainty ... and learn that "gurus" predictions are not more worth than any other random prediction!
    Maybe I learnt that lesson long time back ...but reiterating again and again for all others to learn it forever ...so we dont get into asking difficult questions again and again to same Gurus ...

Some are comparing MFT at current levels with cyclical HLG at top of cycle ....dont know what to think of that ...maybe u will have better idea !!

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    lol you are a donkey. The way it was going I think many honest posters were surprised it didn’t hit $7

Don’t make me go back to the MFT thread wasn’t too long ago you said it will go to $100. Since fell back heaps since you made that comment my friend
    Dont need to loose civility ...U can surely go back and show me when it was about to go ...but I never compared MFT at top of cycle to HLG / MHJ at bottom of cycle ...all stocks have different cycles ...all know ...which is better to get in at what time is for a " Guru " to know

Some are comparing MFT at current levels with cyclical HLG at top of cycle ....dont know what to think of that ...maybe u will have better idea !!
    Well, I would not know what others are thinking , but for me comparing HLG with MFT is like comparing one of these ferris wheels on the next A&P show with an Apollo rocket.

Here is a 20 year comparison of the two. The blue line (carefully look at the bottom to see it) is HLG and the red line is MFT (hardly to oversee in the top).

HLG-MFT comp.JPG

Anyway - I guess its horses for courses ... if entertaining my grandchildren is the plan, than I probably prefer the ferris wheel :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, I would not know what others are thinking , but for me comparing HLG with MFT is like comparing one of these ferris wheels on the next A&P show with an Apollo rocket.

Here is a 20 year comparison of the two. The blue line (carefully look at the bottom to see it) is HLG and the red line is MFT (hardly to oversee in the top).

HLG-MFT comp.JPG

Anyway - I guess its horses for courses ... if entertaining my grandchildren is the plan, than I probably prefer the ferris wheel :
    Wow thats a very self explanatory chart ...maybe I shud develop more chart making skills as it explains the longer term pictures much better then words

I still get ridiculed trying to explain MFT class over HLG but u have done a wonderful job ....great work BP