sharetrader
Page 9 of 899 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Please, don't.

I think we're all safe, mkt cap currently at 250 m?? This could/should halve IMO, they'll be lucky to make 10m for the year and this is in a market being torn apart by online.

Quote Originally Posted by boofters View Post
    I think we're all safe, mkt cap currently at 250 m?? This could/should halve IMO, they'll be lucky to make 10m for the year and this is in a market being torn apart by online.
    My golfing friend bought a set of golf clubs on line from the States. Very good brand (so Im Told). They cost
    $900.00nz. Had them shipped in three shipments so as to avoid import duties. Had the set within a month.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So the forecast 20% decline (under pressure it was) of a month ago has turned into a 39% decline in reality

December sales were rather munted weren't they

All at a time when the headlines boom out . Retail card spending climbs . Up 7.5% in December they were .......but not at HLG

Must have lost the plot
    I was checking out there Botany and Manukau stores last weekend, lots of $10 or $20 specials, I used to think of them as a high end store, will have to sell a lot at $10, in whats a competive price bracket to get the sales and profits up. Plus the items on sale looked just the same as the ones in Farmers IMO
    Disc: Been a long time and happy holder recieving good Div payments, sold down in Aug, now think I'll pull out altogether, not confident they will make the profits they used to.

I too have held HLG in the past(not currently) and are impressed by the div on offer. Given the latest news to you think the new price to div will remain the same? as in half the share price half the div offered? and do the expert investors out there think that their shareprice will recover over time?
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 16-01-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I too have held HLG in the past(not currently) and are impressed by the div on offer. Given the latest news to you think the new price to div will remain the same? as in half the share price half the div offered? and do the expert investors out there think that their shareprice will recover over time?
    oh yes.....
    They are a very well managed coy.
    The authorities have gotta start looking at On Line Trading. Tax wise, GST, etc.
    The retail sector is suffering, and this relates to loss of GST, Jobs, Tax. so on.
    There are lots of little "TradeMe" type websites jumping up everywhere.
    BB

Just a thought...
    Maybe the Lab/Greens will also buyout "TradeMe".....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by In4a$ View Post
    I was checking out there Botany and Manukau stores last weekend, lots of $10 or $20 specials, I used to think of them as a high end store, will have to sell a lot at $10, in whats a competive price bracket to get the sales and profits up. Plus the items on sale looked just the same as the ones in Farmers IMO
    Disc: Been a long time and happy holder recieving good Div payments, sold down in Aug, now think I'll pull out altogether, not confident they will make the profits they used to.
    I think that HLG management would be flattered to be thought of as a "high end store". More "value for money" I'd have thought?

No, I'm not a holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    oh yes.....
    They are a very well managed coy.
    The authorities have gotta start looking at On Line Trading. Tax wise, GST, etc.
    The retail sector is suffering, and this relates to loss of GST, Jobs, Tax. so on.
    There are lots of little "TradeMe" type websites jumping up everywhere.
    BB
    Even Hallensteins have one of them TradeMe type websites
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/stores/hallensteins

or a couple

http://www.trademe.co.nz/stores/glassons
    Last edited by winner69; 16-01-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Please, don't.

2.98 we are all safe !!
    Mental Note to Self : "Having predicted the future once does not make me anymore likely to do it again!"