sharetrader
Page 91 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Looking good then - time to buy more, if seeweed hasn't cleaned them all out
    Got my full of HGL for now. Just a waiting game till the end of January for update.Don't want to be too greedy, left some for you. Have been visiting a couple stores lately to monitor progress....busy,busy,busy.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And so it came to pass ,6 days before Christmas.
    Now we eagerly await the result's of Roger's wife's trifle.!..lol.
    Tell him he's dreaming.
    I'm more interested in Rogers wifes trifle anyway.
    h2

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well 38 cents eps and a PE of 14 gives a share price of $5.32.
    Higher eps of say 40cents and a PE of 15 gives a share price of $6.00.
    If you could buy that 18000 @ 3.07, then it will be plain sailing to 3.12 and beyond.....You better hurry, someone is having a nibble right now.
    Last edited by see weed; 19-12-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Tell him he's dreaming.
    I'm more interested in Rogers wifes trifle anyway.
    Definitely not something to be trifled with that's for sure I think I got to 38 cps without any persuasion or special sauce a while back...if I overindulge I might imagine those two numbers around the other way LOL.

P.S. Anyway speaking of Christmas and gift giving...HLG the gift you give yourself that keeps on giving...can we please have a brief hiatus in all the positive posts, I'd like to stuff a few more into my own Xmas stocking as close as possible to $3.00.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-12-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Definitely not something to be trifled with that's for sure I think I got to 38 cps without any persuasion or special sauce a while back...if I overindulge I might imagine those two numbers around the other way LOL.

P.S. Anyway speaking of Christmas and gift giving...HLG the gift you give yourself that keeps on giving...can we please have a brief hiatus in all the positive posts, I'd like to stuff a few more into my own Xmas stocking as close as possible to $3.00.

So we've spent a lot of time talking about the positives which there are plenty

Playing devil's advocate here. What do you think the potential risks to hallensteins over the next year aside of the obvious competition. Anything you think COULD hamper the share price?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

Playing devil's advocate here. What do you think the potential risks to hallensteins over the next year aside of the obvious competition. Anything you think COULD hamper the share price?
    If the NZ $ fell out of bed, HLG and all retailers would be badly affected.
    Last edited by percy; 19-12-2016 at 05:44 PM.

I conducted an informal survey with my clients regarding their expectations of December retail.
    I gave them four choices with 1 being times are tough and 4 being Spectacular
    The results were

1. 2% (Times are tough)
    2. 38% (Normal)
    3. 44% (Good times-retail therapy tonic of choice)
    4. 8% (Spectacular)
    5. 8% No opinion expressed

Super Investor

Negative economic news combined with rising inflation.
    h2

Super Investor

......you did say anything?
    h2

Thank you for playing Devil's advocate here, hopefully I can beat the SP down 10 cents on a temporary basis so I can buy some more on the cheap, oh my goodness did I really say that out loud

1. Currency could hurt them, when it was circa 64-5 cents last year it hurt, they're going fairly short with forward cover so a sharp currency drop could even have an effect this financial year
    2. A possible fall in consumer confidence caused by any major factor including a material increase in interest rates
    3. Rising mall rents
    4. Competition opening up at a greater rate than HLG are able to meet with refreshed store formats, (refreshing of store format has boosted sales in stores near where new competition has opened up)
    5. Very unseasonable weather, e.g. wet / coldish summer, hot dry autumn, record warm winter temperatures, or all the preceding.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-12-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine