sharetrader
Page 93 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Great thoughts Roger.

Its one of those odd ones where I want it to go down before it goes back up so I can buy some more!!! Are we being too greedy....up up and away I say!!

One thing I really like about Hallensteins is their honesty in announcements. They seem to be very transparent and admit when they've had disappointing years. I like that. I go to the future with a lot of confidence and you know what, it feels good being an investor in a clothing company that battles off the big guys
    Don't want to appear to be a shark, but you have 2 choices...be very greedy and wait for sp to hit 2.95-3.00 or...be half greedy and just start buy buy buy at 3.05. Am thinking, might start and be half greedy and put in a little order before it hits 3.20.

NZD tumbles to 6 month low v USD

At least HLG are making heaps during the important busy part of the year

Anyway - NZD will be back in the 70's soon

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Just wondering whether the recent WHS announcement (revenue growth but margin squeeze) might apply for HGL as well? Pretty sure anyway that the SP might have a wee dip over he next couple of days ... time to accumulate - or not?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just wondering whether the recent WHS announcement (revenue growth but margin squeeze) might apply for HGL as well? Pretty sure anyway that the SP might have a wee dip over he next couple of days ... time to accumulate - or not?
    From the Chairman's address seven days ago at HLG's agm.
    "Sales 10% ahead of last year.Gross margin is also up and the season so far is showing very strong growth."
    We remain "well positioned,"and from what I hear of Christmas trading so far,I am sure we can up grade that to "very well positioned."
    Last edited by percy; 20-12-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Buy half now and 2 half's later on the dip. Bob each way.

IMO

Think i will unsubscribe from their deals.They are coming relentlessly , daily, rejigging, reworking their deals; frenetic, urgent. not sustainable imo; turned me off reading them. Maybe its just for the buildup to xmas.

Outside thinking.

While the HLG bulls continue to get excited, it seems WHS is not finding the Christmas trading conditions quite so favourable.

"The Board of The Warehouse Group advise that performance in the lead up to Christmas has been below expectations and while the next few weeks are an important trading period, it is unlikely that the year to date shortfall will be fully offset. Adjusted Net Profit After Tax (NPAT) for the Group for the First Half of Financial Year 2017 (H117) ending on 29 January 2017 is expected to be between 10%-15% lower than the same period last year, which is between $41.0m and $38.5m."

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    From the Chairman's address seven days ago at HLG's agm.
    "Sales 10% ahead of last year.Gross margin is also up and the season so far is showing very strong growth."
    We remain "well positioned,"and from what I hear of Christmas trading so far,I am sure we can up grade that to "very well positioned."
    This, Left Field. WHS is a completely different can of worms than HLG.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Think i will unsubscribe from their deals.They are coming relentlessly , daily, rejigging, reworking their deals; frenetic, urgent. not sustainable imo; turned me off reading them. Maybe its just for the buildup to xmas.
    Yes, they are relentless. I just ignore them unless I want to buy something, then I wait to see what the next deal is, like Briscoes, there is always a "sale" on

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    This, Left Field. WHS is a completely different can of worms than HLG.
    Plenty of wiggle room left in HGL's can.
    h2