sharetrader
Page 96 of 899 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Share price has had a nice run up, still held a small parcel before I noticed the comments (shout out to Rodger in particular) on this one and then had a closer look for myself..bought in at the right time a more substantial parcel..using my classic car money...thats not family money.. so watching this one closely as my hobby depends on it ha !!
    You're welcome mate. Over the last few months HLG has gone from $2.70 to over $3.10 and paid a 16.5 cent fully imputed divvy and all against a backdrop of a soft market overall which is down about 8% from its high in early September. HLG up just on 21% including the dividend, outperforming the market in relative terms by approx. 29%. The commentary at the very recent annual meeting was extremely positive. Those people that were repeatedly warning us of the effects of new competitors a few months back have got this badly wrong.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You're welcome mate. Over the last few months HLG has gone from $2.70 to over $3.10 and paid a 16.5 cent fully imputed divvy and all against a backdrop of a soft market overall which is down about 8% from its high in early September. HLG up just on 21% including the dividend, outperforming the market in relative terms by approx. 29%. The commentary at the very recent annual meeting was extremely positive. Those people that were repeatedly warning us of the effects of new competitors a few months back have got this badly wrong.
    Really mate? The role out of competitors stores has only just begun, dismissing it because of one half of good trading shows your bias.. and this is coming from a holder. Let's discuss this again in 5 years? If you intend to hold that long?

Except glassons have struggled with profitability in Australia, that should tell you something about the impact of additional competition.

Ugh was ment to reply to someone, should stop posting from my phone

Advanced Member

H&M and Zara will bring the crowds good news HLG will get plenty of spill over

Advanced Member

not sure I buy that argument tim23 Zara and H&M are taking sales off HLG. Outside of xmas there will be no spillover why go to HLG when the product at Zara and H&M is cheaper, more fashionable and better quality. I know I've asked the question before but who here even shops at HLG and for what reason ?

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    .... who here even shops at HLG and for what reason ?
    I do. They have the best quality for price in our area.

not sure I buy that argument tim23 Zara and H&M are taking sales off HLG. Outside of xmas there will be no spillover why go to HLG when the product at Zara and H&M is cheaper, more fashionable and better quality. I know I've asked the question before but who here even shops at HLG and for what reason ?
    Have decent sweats - even OK for oldies and I bought one the other day at a Hallensteins next door to an awful almost spooky Topman. And Hallensteins appeared to be cheaper. I don't think I am part of Top Man's target group anyway.

Does it matter if shareholders on here buy from HLG stores? Many punters do shop there to the tune of $230m a year so can't be all bad.

I don't buy any Trilogy stuff and Ecoya candles are a complete ripoff but that doesn't stop me buying Trilogy shares.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Sales are up 10% this year to date, the strongest growth the company has enjoyed in many years. The facts speak for themselves. Honestly you've been pushing this Zara H&M thing for many, many months now, shareholders know about the new competitors.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-12-2016 at 10:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Sales are up 10% this year to date, the strongest growth the company has enjoyed in many years. The facts speak for themselves. Honestly you've been pushing this Zara H&M thing for many, many months now, shareholders know about the new competitors.
    Good on you Roger. You tell'im off. The only winners here at the moment are the sh. I'm quite happy sitting here waiting for next update...end of Jan. and at 10% yld., no problem here. Now gotta decide what to do with that nice $10,000+ div from couple weeks back. Forgot to mention my latest holding is in the green $8000.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face I went to Hallensteins and all I got was these lousy shares

It seems to be compulsory to quote the above post when being on the not so negative side of things and you do seem to have upset one or two people just a little I do think your view is, how shall I put it, rather narrow.

This is a common fault and not just with you, people fail to see the big picture and that is what you should do your valuations of the future on.

So whilst there may be an element of truth in what you keep banging on about, there are even alternative outcomes for this little bit that you have your blinkered view focused on and then there is the rest of the environment and the outcomes for HLG.

But when all is said and done, usually a lot is said and only a little done, my current valuation for HLG, which I do hold, is a little under the current share price.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 22-12-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    om mani peme hum