sharetrader
Page 97 of 899 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Sales are up 10% this year to date, the strongest growth the company has enjoyed in many years. The facts speak for themselves. Honestly you've been pushing this Zara H&M thing for many, many months now, shareholders know about the new competitors.
    The other thing worth noting is H&M, Zara and the likes aren't expanding quickly and are very unlikely to given the size and cost of their stores.

Worst case scenario they'll be in all the main centers in a couple of years, however New Zealand has strong population growth, a good economy and Hallensteins has far more reach across New Zealand than most clothing competitors.

I'm 25 and the truth is I wouldn't travel far for clothes. I'll either buy online, or where the most convenient store is. I think most other people in my age group would be the same (especially men).

I do think the uplift in Sylvia Park Hallensteins / Glassons will be largely because of the increased foot traffic for apparel in that area. I've heard about some of my friends who have gone to Sylvia Park to see H&M and have bought a few things from them and a few things from Glassons. Once the extra foot traffic dies down I'd be interesting to see if sales performance drops YOY in Sylvia Park for Glassons & Hallensteins, however I doubt this will have a significant effect on year end profit. It is also possible that the performance in Sylvia Park actually increases, but other stores experience a small decline.

The last thing I want to mention is I've been very impressed by Hallensteins marketing this Christmas. I've recieved several emails from them with great discounts to products. The product line seems a bit more fresh than it used to. They're hoping on board with Chinos ect and are very good and getting you to buy extra products. For example one pair is $70 but two is $100. This way they make a bit more profit overall, albeit at a lower margin.

Advanced Member

Boysy - I buy work shirts and trousers from the company and they are just fine was at sylvia park the other day and Zara is in no way cheaper.

IMO

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...w-year-experts

Thanks boysy; good to have an opposing, contrary opinion. Retail can be so cutthroat and competitive; a good reminder. HLG has handled and coped very well over the years and has a n online marketing setup at the mo which is just full noise ahead. A lot of their deals aren't really; just cunningly restructured over and over(hallensteins anyway); becomes the automatic go to place for the mainly young targeted punters or their mums.Im an aberration.

Just got some more at 3.03. last chance for a Christmas bargain

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Me to, made sure buy order was less than their sell order and got them 1c cheaper than my 3.04 buy order.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Nice buying mate, HLG the gift you give yourself that keeps giving back
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Boxing day sales booming - HLG probablybdoingbwell.

HLG popular pick in Stocktastic for 2017 - with noodles, percy et al picking it must have bright prospects
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Boxing day sales booming - HLG probablybdoingbwell.

HLG popular pick in Stocktastic for 2017 - with noodles, percy et al picking it must have bright prospects
    Holidays Winner..no trading..remember to keep you powder dry for when it counts:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Holidays Winner..no trading..remember to keep you powder dry for when it counts:-)
    Some punters use the quiet days over the Christmas break and do the once a year job of reviewing their portfolios

So many decisions are made this long weekend - the duds will cast out and they will decide which ones to pin their faith on in 2017
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Have unsubscribed from HLG deal emails. Serious overkill has turned me right off to all the frenetic bulldust "deals". Many of them are just the same deals rephrased over and over; e.g. T-shirts. Credibility probs;trying too hard for very short term gain. just my aging opinion which may well be irrelevant as their main target mkt are young men/ teenagers.