sharetrader
Page 98 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast

Their emails are really quite excessive. I've received around 30 this month from them and 2 on Christmas day!!

It's a shame because the marketing is actually quite good, it's just defeated by excessive communication (and too many deals).

Short is sweet. They could learn a thing or two by The Iconic. I get two or so emails from them a month and they've got the balance of communication much better.

I might email Hallensteins feedback. Will let you know how I go.

percy

I think this is a problem when subscribing to newletters.
    I have had to unsubscribe to a great number from, Hannahs to Fin data,Morningstar,Mauldrin,Finnance News etc.
    As for Linkdin,Facebook, and Twitter, the only great news was Lady Gaga sent everyone a Merry Xmas note.Still can't figure out if I am following her,or whether she is following me???.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think this is a problem when subscribing to newletters.
    I have had to unsubscribe to a great number from, Hannahs to Fin data,Morningstar,Mauldrin,Finnance News etc.
    As for Linkdin,Facebook, and Twitter, the only great news was Lady Gaga sent everyone a Merry Xmas note.Still can't figure out if I am following her,or whether she is following me???.
    lol, I'm sure she is following you. Not sure HLG are wrong re overkill on email "deals". Everyone loves a bargin after all.

IMO

Doesn't sound like you've been getting their emails Biscuit? Few bargains ; just the same deal in a different way over and over; for T shirts anyway .And twice a day. Def overkill for ME. And wonder if the younger set will turn off as well with this repetition. But as I've said, i have been impressed up until now with HLG leaving no stone unturned in the marketing dept; instore and online.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Doesn't sound like you've been getting their emails Biscuit? Few bargains ; just the same deal in a different way over and over; for T shirts anyway .And twice a day. Def overkill for ME. And wonder if the younger set will turn off as well with this repetition. But as I've said, i have been impressed up until now with HLG leaving no stone unturned in the marketing dept; instore and online.
    Yes, I get plenty of emails from HLG. I ignore them, they just get sent to trash with all the other emails I don't want to look at. I only buy stuff when I need it. So, when I need a T-shirt (probably never actually - so lets say socks), Mrs Biscuit will say "all your socks have holes in them, you really need to go and buy some more". At that point, or several months later depending on how long I can hold out, I will check up on my HLG emails and keep an eye out for a "bargain". Then I'll buy a dozen identical socks and anything else I might need in the next twelve months. So, for me their system works quite well - I know they are out there with a bargain any time I need them. I guess it is overkill and a negative thing if you are at all times poised and waiting for a really good deal, then you will become disappointed and frustrated. So, maybe not a good marketing strategy overall? I don't know, at least they are in your face to some extent and I know from the many long and vexing conversations I have had with Mrs Biscuit, many people are absolute suckers for a "sale" no matter how illusionary the "sale" really is. With all the money Mrs Biscuit has saved in sales, it is quite surprising to her that we have not retired years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yes, I get plenty of emails from HLG. I ignore them, they just get sent to trash with all the other emails I don't want to look at. I only buy stuff when I need it. So, when I need a T-shirt (probably never actually - so lets say socks), Mrs Biscuit will say "all your socks have holes in them, you really need to go and buy some more". At that point, or several months later depending on how long I can hold out, I will check up on my HLG emails and keep an eye out for a "bargain". Then I'll buy a dozen identical socks and anything else I might need in the next twelve months. So, for me their system works quite well - I know they are out there with a bargain any time I need them. I guess it is overkill and a negative thing if you are at all times poised and waiting for a really good deal, then you will become disappointed and frustrated. So, maybe not a good marketing strategy overall? I don't know, at least they are in your face to some extent and I know from the many long and vexing conversations I have had with Mrs Biscuit, many people are absolute suckers for a "sale" no matter how illusionary the "sale" really is. With all the money Mrs Biscuit has saved in sales, it is quite surprising to her that we have not retired years ago.
    Good grief the frugal kiwi way...however if you have woman as clients..then invest in seriously sharp clothes..you do not have to be good looking however a well dressed man does start from a position where your client will have an open mind you can work with. Best investment you will ever make, my tip or good turn for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Good grief the frugal kiwi way...however if you have woman as clients..then invest in seriously sharp clothes..you do not have to be good looking however a well dressed man does start from a position where your client will have an open mind you can work with. Best investment you will ever make, my tip or good turn for the day.
    Yes, good advice I know. I'm blessed with a job in academia and I can generally turn up to work with holes in my socks, my shirt inside out or food dropped down the front of my shirt as I and other academics do on occasion. It just does not seem to matter so much in that sphere. But yes, I know that a good scrub up and sharp clothes (ironed and not inside out or round the wrong way, or with holes, or faded or from the fifties) goes a long way to smooth ones way through life. But unfortunately some of us just are not made that way.

IMO

Delightful; gave me a smile. While we are on task; i have an extreme quirk which drives my daughter crazy. More often then not i put my t shirt on inside out , back to front or both. Haven't gone off with a tea towel on my shoulder though but a few nights ago walked down to pick my daughter up from the gym and then walked behind her a few steps and activated the multicoloured LED battery operated xmas lights that i had threaded in and out of my white shirt and over my wide brimmed hat. When she did look back at me her instinct kicked in and she sprinted off.

percy

Delightful; gave me a smile. While we are on task; i have an extreme quirk which drives my daughter crazy. More often then not i put my t shirt on inside out , back to front or both. Haven't gone off with a tea towel on my shoulder though but a few nights ago walked down to pick my daughter up from the gym and then walked behind her a few steps and activated the multicoloured LED battery operated xmas lights that i had threaded in and out of my white shirt and over my wide brimmed hat. When she did look back at me her instinct kicked in and she sprinted off.
    Sounds as though her mother is of sound mind.!..lol.

photo please
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”