sharetrader
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Advanced Member

When the MEL sp suddenly took off a few days ago I was beginning to think I made the wrong decision when I sold, back in August, for 43.5c. Maybe I did, but the pullback of the last three days would have been worrying for those who bought in, on the rise. I would have expected some comment here, but presumably there are no ST members at present holding, or tempted to hold.

what do people think of hte latest ann..

overall its +ve for MEL and for the sector......... gas stocks havent really ridden this rally.. got left behind last august... so maybe now an ann like this is enough to give the sector some "gas"

I broke my phaedrus buyin freeze and bought back in
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

Quote Originally Posted by Footsie View Post
    what do people think of hte latest ann..

overall its +ve for MEL and for the sector......... gas stocks havent really ridden this rally.. got left behind last august... so maybe now an ann like this is enough to give the sector some "gas"

I broke my phaedrus buyin freeze and bought back in

Haaahaa Footsie, love it the P buy freeze..LOL (me too and with ARM) (Edit: I am now Out at $1.10 on open).

Did you get in before the rally?

Chart wise this stock is funny, it will do a run and then it gets sold off bit by bit, or as you say, there is no ass Kick going on with the sector so it fades back.

Not a FA type of guy, so the ann?? Hmmm, the ann sounds good but look at the markets, your answer will be in what the markets do and how the stock holds up or if it gets sold off, that will tell you about the Ann in the short term so depending, on gaurd and protect the dosh if you have, IMO.

ps: TA, MA crossover good, volume good, RSI good, MACD good all equals ride it untill that changes.
    Last edited by drillfix; 29-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Haaahaa Footsie, love it the P buy freeze..LOL (me too and with ARM) (Edit: I am now Out at $1.10 on open).

Did you get in before the rally?

Chart wise this stock is funny, it will do a run and then it gets sold off bit by bit, or as you say, there is no ass Kick going on with the sector so it fades back.

Not a FA type of guy, so the ann?? Hmmm, the ann sounds good but look at the markets, your answer will be in what the markets do and how the stock holds up or if it gets sold off, that will tell you about the Ann in the short term so depending, on gaurd and protect the dosh if you have, IMO.

ps: TA, MA crossover good, volume good, RSI good, MACD good all equals ride it untill that changes.
    Not so fast, boys! Not so fast!
    Those who poke fun at Phaedrus remind me of the story of "The Three Little Pigs" - remember what happened to the ones who built their houses of straw and of sticks, and laughed at their "silly" brother who was building his of bricks!
    Just a note of caution!

Colin
    I have been very dsiciplined. I really want to do some buying today but I DO respect the red crayon.

bought MEL, as its a game changer .didnt buy so many that it would kill me if i got it wrong.
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Not so fast, boys! Not so fast!
    Those who poke fun at Phaedrus remind me of the story of "The Three Little Pigs"
    Colin, I think you have lost me here mate, poke the fun at Phaedrus?

Never thought my post in was directed towards making any fun at him as I have a great deal of respect for the man.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by drillfix View Post
    Colin, I think you have lost me here mate, poke the fun at Phaedrus?

Never thought my post in was directed towards making any fun at him as I have a great deal of respect for the man.
    Drillfix (and Footsie): Sorry if I appear to have misread the situation. My apologies. I guess what I was trying to do was caution against any tendency to thumb noses at Phaedrus' charts. Good to receive your acknowledgment of respect for him, Drillfix. I guess it is more the likes of Tricha and Ratkin who should be summonsed to the Headmaster's Room! I believe that most of the posters on this forum respect Phaedrus' learned input. For myself, I don't always slavishly base my buy/sell decisions on the interpretations of his charts, but it would be an enormous miss if he were to exit the scene.

slow learner

Since ERM Power declared a holding MEL has really bucked the market trend, I have been in and out a few times just recently but looking for a re-entry when the market settles down....

Attachment 3636

Didnt realise there was a MEL thread, would have posted here yesterday.
    These guys look like a certain takeover target to me.
    Note 3P reserves/EV is only about $0.05 while the market ave is about $0.50

Quote Originally Posted by Financially dependant View Post
    Since ERM Power declared a holding MEL has really bucked the market trend, I have been in and out a few times just recently but looking for a re-entry when the market settles down....

Attachment 3636
    Yes indeed FD, I am partially kicking myself for not buying at 21c whilst holding my finger on the buy button and not following through.

Good to see a PRT chart being posted with clear support being at 33c and intermediate support at 39c.

Perhaps maybe time for a breather should it fail to break above 45c where intermediate resistance resides?

MEL Daily and Intraday charts > http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/p...axmh5i5we0.png

Add
    Sorry for the wrong chart last night folks, oopsss~!
    Last edited by drillfix; 05-10-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!