sharetrader
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

HLX - Chile Cooper exploration

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=542025

Grades arent too flash, so they will need to drill some more & hopefully hit some better grades

Very early days shasta on the chile play, only some chip samples and one 156m RC drill which had copper-rich minerals and molybdenum hosted in porphyry from 23m to the end of hole..we will find out more on this first drill soon then we can see what we really have here which will still be early days with 2000m in total with more to come...
    All I can see so far is there is minerals from only 23m below surface ,,now next door there is a small tonnage 2.5% copper operation,, HLX believe the prospect area could well hold a 400mt resource we now need to see if it's economic from the grades we drill and assay it could well not be but we will find out this year...just checkout how many major copper mines are in chile

Opts going ex funds will be adding to the 3.5mill cash balance soon taking it closer to 5mill....opts are well in the money

Market cap 15.37mill LOL
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Hi Shasta

I think the grades in that announcement are just from surrounding chip samples and aren't anything new. Looks like they are just letting everyone know that drilling is underway and that results will be out in a few weeks. Anyway that was my reading on it - lets hope the drilling grade are much better than those from the chip samples.

disc: stock held

special needs

someone trying hard to make sure people convert their oppies! lots of ann. lately. this shld be the one to get us going!

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post
    someone trying hard to make sure people convert their oppies! lots of ann. lately. this shld be the one to get us going!
    When the joint venture agreement for Yalleen where current development activities are taking place, allows Helix to sell to API its 30% interest at fair value at JV decision to mine, which the Company considers feasible to occur 2011/12. then we will see a rocket under the SP....RB Milestone est an average revenue of 542million p.a for the 12yrs of production at a average $109USD per ton iron ore price(current price $179p.t USD) they value HLX share to be worth 170mill
    even if they HLX get half of this amount their SP will have to go 6 fold just to reach cash backing ......it's only a matter of time only wish the API would pull finger
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

CHINA's steel production is expected to soar by up to 25 per cent over the next five years, removing any fears of a decline in demand for Australian iron ore and coking coal in the medium term.

China is the world's leading steelmaker, producing about 46 per cent of global supply, and iron ore is the linchpin of Australia's $100 billion plus two-way trade with China, accounting for about 30 per cent of our exports.

China's state-run China Iron and Steel Association (CISA) has unveiled its latest estimates of steel production, forecasting output of between 650 million and 750 million tonnes by 2015, up from 612 million tonnes last year.

The figures are based on China's latest Five-Year Plan (2011-2015), which was signed off by the National People's Congress in March, and annual GDP growth of between 8 per cent and 9 per cent for the next five years, seeing a rise in production of 11 per cent to 25 per cent.

"The latest Five-Year Plan is great for the industry," Fortescue Metals executive director Russell Scrimshaw told The Australian.

"There are railways, airports and a new commitment to low-cost housing. We estimate steel production might reach 750 million to 780 million tonnes by 2015, with a 20 million to 30 million-tonne annual increase, and iron ore imports will be about 820 million tonnes by 2015," Umetal.com analyst Xu Guangjian said.

China mines about 50 per cent of the iron ore needed for its steel mills, but its home-grown resource is magnetite, a form of ore with low iron content of between 20 per cent and 30 per cent.

The other 50 per cent is imported high-content haematite from Australian, Brazil, India and a handful of other nations, with Africa poised to become a major producer in coming years.

Australia's position has also been bolstered by a recent ban on iron ore exports by India, which supplies about 80 million tonnes a year to its neighbour.

A continuing mismatch between supply and demand has pushed iron ore prices to record highs over the past six months, as steel production across the globe continues to rise. But major projects to increase iron ore production -- including a significant boost in capacity in the Pilbara -- are yet to come on line.

And CISA has continued to complain about high prices, which are hitting steel industry profitability. In the first quarter of the year, the average import price for iron ore was $US157.60 a tonne, a year-on-year increase of 57 per cent, according to CISA.

Based on 230 million tonnes of quarterly import volume, China's steel industry would spend an extra 13.2 billion yuan ($1.9bn) due to the increasing price of iron ore, the deputy secretary of the Party Committee of CISA, Luo Bingsheng, said. "Production costs, especially with high price of ore, will support the steel price not to drop dramatically."

Mr Xu said the steel price would remain at high levels and the recent lowering of prices by mills would be temporary, since demand remained strong. "But some restrictive policies, like the limit of electricity usage, will affect the price for a period of time."

As well as iron ore, Australia is emerging as a major supplier of coking coal, which is also used in Chinese steelmaking.

Print
    Email

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    When the joint venture agreement for Yalleen where current development activities are taking place, allows Helix to sell to API its 30% interest at fair value at JV decision to mine, which the Company considers feasible to occur 2011/12. then we will see a rocket under the SP....RB Milestone est an average revenue of 542million p.a for the 12yrs of production at a average $109USD per ton iron ore price(current price $179p.t USD) they value HLX share to be worth 170mill
    even if they HLX get half of this amount their SP will have to go 6 fold just to reach cash backing ......it's only a matter of time only wish the API would pull finger
    Yep, HLX need API to start making some decision about Yalleen...however in the meantime HLX have their interesting NSW and Chile coppe/gold projects that they are progressing.

Have converted all my HLXOA options, saw that my cheque was presented yesterday. will be good to have HLX get this option conversion off their back.
    Last edited by steve fleming; 31-05-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    Yep, HLX need API to start making some decision about Yalleen...however in the meantime HLX have their interesting NSW and Chile coppe/gold projects that they are progressing.

Have converted all my HLXOA options, saw that my cheque was presented yesterday. will be good to have HLX get this option conversion off their back.
    Yeah should know very soon how many of the 44.9mill opts were converted into new HLX shares ,be pretty stupid to not exercise them if you got them cheap

Anyone have any insight into when API is going to progress dfs studies etc for West Pilbara stage 2 and beyond? I've been researching this one lately and am amazed by Helix's resources and potential, but this project on the massive go slow probably isn't helping any..
    Last edited by trackers; 07-06-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trackers View Post
    Anyone have any insight into when API is going to progress dfs studies etc for West Pilbara stage 2 and beyond? I've been researching this one lately and am amazed by Helix's resources and potential, but this project on the massive go slow probably isn't helping any..

--From the RB milestone report--
    the joint venture agreement for Yalleen where current development activities are taking place, allows Helix to sell to API its 30% interest at fair value at JV decision to mine, which the Company considers feasible to occur 2011/12. Similarly, the Tunkillia project, where the Company has a 47% interest, could be sold at a decision to mine.

so your'd think at the latest a decision to mine before the end of next year...worth keeping an eye on AQA to see how they progress ..