sharetrader
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Finally bought my first lot on the close today of AVH.Two very good announcements.

FDA Doubles Patient Numbers Permitted for Compassionate Use

Download Document $53.9 mill contract

Still a believer in NRT and holding but patience required.

Silver;still in PNV?.Doing well with Contract for Burns trial awarded. 13.5c atm. Watching .

Spekky higher risk junior biotechs DYOR
    Took profits today.Hoping to have another go a few months down the track. Too much uncertainty, $3 mill cash burn for qtr , cap raising around the cnr?.Not shifting enough units.FDA approval would be a boost and sales to china could surprise.

IMO

Haven't checked right back.Is anyone in VLA Viralytics VLA?.Cancer, melanoma etc. Heres a few research reports Roth have a $3.84 target ,s/p 79c atm. A couple of friends hold.
    Eye-Catching MITCI Data
    Viralytics’ Cavatak Delivers Benefits In Combination With Checkpoint Inhibitors
    CAVATAK Plugging Away on All Fronts; Nice CALM and MITCI Updates
    MITCI Results Show Promise

I've been in for about a year - taking a small position on the first leg up from memory and adding a few more in the SPP. It was very much a punt though since I'm not familiar with the field and have recently re-balanced. That aside, they have a solid cash position, the recent news results/news flow seems to have been well-received and you have to love the price targets floating round

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Indeed they are in early trials and unprofitable, albeit apparently sitting on $18m cash. They used to be a kind of biotech incubator with fingers in several pies. Over past year they've ditched other divisions and put sole focus on treatment for Wet AMD, the leading cause of blindness in the western world, with a potential market of $5 billion in the US and $10b worldwide. Hence the recent 'rebranding' to Opthea.
    According to their reports, current treatments are ineffective for at least half of patients short-term and the vast majority in the long-term. They only target "VEGF-A" while Opthea's 'OPT-302' molecule targets VEGF-C and VEGF-D and could therefore be used in conjunction with current treatments to enhance outcomes. The science is a million miles over my head but from a business point of view I do like the chances of selling a potential complementary product, rather than competing head on with the incumbents in the sector.

I suppose becoming a pure-play in such a potentially lucrative market has gained investor attention.
    Obviously a highly speculative stock which will become worthless if trials are unsuccessful. I have a small holding. Would be interested in other members' thoughts.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/company.do#!/OPT
    OPT - OPTHEA: Positive news today from first human trial, jumped 10%
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 26-07-2016 at 06:32 PM.

IMO

Good one.New one on me OPT and at a 1 year high.Missed your post DH.
    I have done nothing for a while.The stocks i traded are a in the dumps last i looked so glad i left in the black.Only holding NRT deep in the red and getting a bit stale on it. Sa la vie. Glad some can still mine the biotech successfully. Anyone else doing well on anything in what isa depressed sector as i see it ,generally.?
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 18-10-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Cheers JT. Like several health related stocks - hold PGC and LHC, and seriously looking at SDI - see http://www.capitalhmanagement.com.au...07/26/sdi-ltd/
    But only hold OPT in biotech - c'est tout
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 27-07-2016 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Correction - SDI not SDA

Veteran novice

Here's an interesting take on Australian life sciences stocks.

http://www.ndfresearch.com/the-comin...-sciences.html

IMO

Thanks macduffy. A coming boom in life sciences (Bio?)stocks ; i hope so. the thing is whats the easiest way to pick the sector taking off. I hope to start a thread about identifying and sharing a sector that takes off like the M/S did recently for great gains if one picked up on it early.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 01-09-2016 at 09:37 PM.

IMO

Two great announcements by NRT today. Im still deep in the red atm. but this looks redeeming; thinking longer term as one needs to with BIO's .DYOR
    Dr James Garner presentation to Rodman & Renshaw conference-NRT.AX
    FDA approves IND application for Cantrixil-NRT.AX

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Indeed they are in early trials and unprofitable, albeit apparently sitting on $18m cash. They used to be a kind of biotech incubator with fingers in several pies. Over past year they've ditched other divisions and put sole focus on treatment for Wet AMD, the leading cause of blindness in the western world, with a potential market of $5 billion in the US and $10b worldwide. Hence the recent 'rebranding' to Opthea.
    According to their reports, current treatments are ineffective for at least half of patients short-term and the vast majority in the long-term. They only target "VEGF-A" while Opthea's 'OPT-302' molecule targets VEGF-C and VEGF-D and could therefore be used in conjunction with current treatments to enhance outcomes. The science is a million miles over my head but from a business point of view I do like the chances of selling a potential complementary product, rather than competing head on with the incumbents in the sector.

I suppose becoming a pure-play in such a potentially lucrative market has gained investor attention.
    Obviously a highly speculative stock which will become worthless if trials are unsuccessful. I have a small holding. Would be interested in other members' thoughts.

Does anyone else hold OPTHEA? Up a further 18% today, with latest trial results well received by "retina professionals".
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...xy-2157305.htm
    The share price has risen steadily to have quadrupled in 12 months
    Beautifully simple business model - unique but complementary therapy for the leading cause of blindness - ie not competing with existing drugs but enhancing their effectiveness.