sharetrader
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Hi ratkin. I think your "aimed shotgun" approach to biotech - or, "life sciences" as I'm learning to call them! - may be the way to go. There are similar risks to investing in unproven mining exploration companies, IMO, but always the chance of stumbling on a CSL or a Cochlear!

I'm still interested in Starpharma SPL but havn't bought any yet. I like their strong position in the development of dendrimer products although must admit that I don't fully understand the science. The SP took a hit recently when stage 3 test results on their lead product, VivaGel, weren't as conclusive as hoped but more recently again there was an encouraging test result on their docetaxel cancer drug. Directors have been buying at these lower SP levels which is often a bullish sign.

Have a look at the presentation from the AGM on 30 November, for more details. ( Tried to attach but having PC problems!)

IMO

NEU (ASX), Neuren is my big hope and it started from here in NZ University of Auck i beleieve. Only allow myself one stock in this end of town. I see PIE Fund has been big on ACL Alchemia (ASX)

Advanced Member

I had a brief look at Starpharma but was put off by bio shares having a reduce recommendation, although presumably that was because of price rather than poor performance

I am a long suffering SH of Clinuvel (CUV). I think they are worth a look at. At near historic lows and are expecting EMA approval for an Orphan drug indication (EPP - sun intorlerence) in the next 1 - 3 months (they have one compound SCENESSE® afamelanotide). Already granted usage in Italy and Switzland with Govt refunding insurers. Good safety profile, successfully completed phase III trials for EPP plus an extra one for confirmation. Will make FDA application over next two years for EPP after completing Phase III there - slight possibility of this being short circuted with EMA Approval. About to release first trial results for Vitilago which opens up a much bigger market.

As I said I am long suffering (been in since 2004) but they have moved forward consistently (albeit slowly) and have done so without partnering to a big Pharma and are very close to European (and Australian) approval for the first indication.

Cheers,

I-man

IMO

ACL suspended today pending annoucement re the demerger of Audeo Oncology. Pie funds have a slice.

IMO

ACL down nearly 30% today as they didn't the ipo split away. I hope PIE Funds took their profits prior. Disc no pie funds YET and no ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ACL down nearly 30% today as they didn't the ipo split away. I hope PIE Funds took their profits prior. Disc no pie funds YET and no ACL.
    Hi, whats the story reagrding this? worth buying in now after recent drop? or will it go down further?

Advanced Member

These bio stocks certainly are a minefield, been three or four hammered of late.
    Still havent found one im prepared to take a punt on , starting to think i will sleep
    better at night with just my CSL holdings

IMO

Good one KW. Ive been in NEU for a while and its currently on a roll,. Brain injury reduction amongst many other apps is where its at with NO competition.U.S. army onboard with funding. Like NAN, watching for an entry , and BLT (just consolidated) too.

picked up some acg today (atCor medical) They just had their first profit on the 22nd so I missed the price jump. Anyone looked into this further?? Seems like a good concept and potential for EPS growth.