sharetrader
Page 722 of 936 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772822 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 9352

does this mean the mine is over? my life saving of funds is going to disappear.
    Bye Bye BUy

Guru

West Coast area commander Inspector John Canning said detail was still sparse but initial reports suggested at least 30 people were in the mine.

Canning said the reports suggested they could be 1500 metres underground.

The mine has been beset by delay, most particularly the collapse of an air ventilation shaft when it was close to opening for production.

Guru

Newstalk ZB are reporting a body has been taken from the mine to the Greymouth DHB.

Energy Minister Gerry Brownlee said the blast happened at 3.45pm and the last contact with any of the miners was lost at 4.15pm.

He said mine officials had no idea what caused the blast, or the condition of the miners who were trapped.

Pike River Coal CEO Peter Whittall confirmed those affected were a mix of afternoon shift workers and management.

Advanced Member

Lets pray the rest can escape-sounds as if some were in communication for some time after the blast

horrendous news, fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by NOCASH View Post
    does this mean the mine is over? my life saving of funds is going to disappear.
    Yep pretty much.

But thinking of the miners first. I never invested in PRC for environmental reasons and also because I though coal mining was a nasty dangerous activity that NZ didn't need anymore. Sometimes it sucks to be right.

Lets hope we can get these guys out faster than they did in Chile.

Terrible news, hope the miners are ok - and thoughts go out to Sharetrader Pike holders too

This is an absolute tragedy. We pray our friends, brothers and dads have survived. Forget your shares and money this far outweighs any loss any of us have made financially.

Quote Originally Posted by whirly View Post
    This is an absolute tragedy. We pray our friends, brothers and dads have survived. Forget your shares and money this far outweighs any loss any of us have made financially.
    Well said whirly. It really is sounding bad according to the TVNZ reporter who flew over the mine.