sharetrader
Page 928 of 936 FirstFirst ... 428828878918924925926927928929930931932 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,280 of 9352

Yes, excellent news indeed Balance.

Are we, the taxpayer, able to extradite that bastard from Brisbane, to join the directors in this action?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Yes, excellent news indeed Balance.

Are we, the taxpayer, able to extradite that bastard from Brisbane, to join the directors in this action?
    I sure don't mind my taxes being spent giving it a go

Some legal experts were asked for their opinion this morning on Red Radio, on the likelihood of civil action proceeding, and in their (unbiased, as one was counsel for a trade union) view, the bar is set VERY high to even get a case to court, the witnesses required from overseas cannot be compelled to attend, and a lot of the critically required evidence is entombed in the mine.

So, it seems JK has probably already had a similar advice, and is quite happy to profer the olive branch, knowing it is not likely to proceed. Doesn't mean it won't, but not looking promising.

Our Brisbane supermarket jock's name was mentioned in the same sound bite, as a candidate
    Last edited by Xerof; 07-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Some legal experts were asked for their opinion this morning on Red Radio, on the likelihood of civil action proceeding, and in their (unbiased, as one was counsel for a trade union) view, the bar is set VERY high to even get a case to court, the witnesses required from overseas cannot be compelled to attend, and a lot of the critically required evidence is entombed in the mine.

So, it seems JK has probably already had a similar advice, and is quite happy to profer the olive branch, knowing it is not likely to proceed. Doesn't mean it won't, but not looking promising.

Our Brisbane supermarket jock's name was mentioned in the same sound bite, as a candidate
    Well, there's enough from the Royal Commission of Inquiry to say that there was negligence on a grand scale so let's start with that?

Our ACC system has broadly speaking removed the right to sue. However a party can be pursued if there has been deliberate or reckless disregard. Simple negligence isn't enough.

Ordinarily joe blogs citizen can't pursue damages because costs make the process pretty prohibitive. Ordinarily there gas to be a link between claimant and the other party - say a miner against prc. A Bit Hard When The Miner Is dead.

I'm sure we have the legal minds to see a way over these barriers. Of more of a challenge is getting getting Gordon ward back to nz. If the SAS are looking for a training opportunity I reckon send them to reedy creek and keep an eye out for the IGA sign. If my Intel is wrong let's put 5 eyes to a decent use.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...ke-river-widow

Let's follow this one and see what happens.

29 men (fathers, sons, brothers, nephews, uncles, cousins and mates) went to work and died due to a litany of failures by the directors and management of Pike Rive and NZOG to properly provide proper safety measures at the mine.

And not one person has been held responsible?

Advanced Member

NZOG were a significant shareholder not sure if you can include them in sentence above really, otherwise you start blaming major shareholders in other listed companies for issues e.g blame the Tindall foundation for WHS issues etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    NZOG were a significant shareholder not sure if you can include them in sentence above really, otherwise you start blaming major shareholders in other listed companies for issues e.g blame the Tindall foundation for WHS issues etc.
    Did the Tindall Foundation keep pumping money in when every Warehouse milestone failed to be met? Cant remember the last time the Warehouse operations killed a person let alone 29

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...ke-river-widow

Let's follow this one and see what happens.

29 men (fathers, sons, brothers, nephews, uncles, cousins and mates) went to work and died due to a litany of failures by the directors and management of Pike Rive and NZOG to properly provide proper safety measures at the mine.

And not one person has been held responsible?
    And what about the Ministry who forever disallowed multiple times requests for more Inspectors.?
    Come on people drop this and move on.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

PRC demonstrates an unsavoury New Zealand cultural trait - that whilst there is endless talk about "accountability", nobody is ever actually held accountable.

A "systemic failure" or some such twaddle is discovered and promoted. Accountability is quickly spead amongst all those involved.

There follows an apology (preferably accompanied by on-air tears and a modicum of snivelling).

After which a promise (whoops, I mean "commitment") is made that a set of "robust" guidelines and/or policies will be introduced.

After which everybody concerned rolls over and business continues as before.