sharetrader
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by gisborne_gold View Post
    Last week's announcement suggests that the $1 shares issued last year, partly paid to 50c, are now valued at $1.50 ahead of next month's listing.
    Or put another way the partly paid shares issued at 50c are now worth $1, for a 100% return in just one year! There can't be many shares on the NZX (or should that be 'not on the NZX'?) that have done as well as that!

Thanks for the advance warning on the extra rights issue. I'll have to make sure I have some cash ready.

SNOOPY

discl: hold NZFSU
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Talking gain

Yes Snoopy I'm very happy to date with this investment, talking to my broker today it appears that the share should list at $1.50 or slightly above, given the fact that the balance is only due days before they list, giving a 100% return on your investment. As one of the few ways get get exposure direct to farming on the nzx it will be interesting to see given the fact that they'll be capped at over $300 mill how long will it be before fundies take a position in this stock.

Disc: Hold

Agreed, it appears the punt on NZFSU could prove very successful. We'll all know for sure when the shares list on the NZX. Based on the company's announcements, and with the second 50c payment due on 14 December, it seems listing will take place on Monday 17 December or soon after.

I also hold NZFSU.

Default Macdunk

Since no one is answering might i be allowed to ask a question?. Why in all the hell would you be silly enough to think that other people might confess to this stupidity. Surely you can pour your money down the drain in a more enjoyable activity. macdunk

Thats what makes the market you think this i think that. Farming world wide has a very low capital return on investment. Take any country in this world then show me a decent return other than a capital gain at the end if you can. Farming is a family life style business not a company business, just ask the russians.
    Good luck with your investment, i expect of myself much higher returns than you could possibly hope for with this one. MACDUNK

Hey Macdunk amazing how the economics of this investment have changed over the last year, trust you have had a lot of stocks finish over 100% up in the last year.

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    Since no one is answering might i be allowed to ask a question?. Why in all the hell would you be silly enough to think that other people might confess to this stupidity. Surely you can pour your money down the drain in a more enjoyable activity. macdunk

Thats what makes the market you think this i think that. Farming world wide has a very low capital return on investment. Take any country in this world then show me a decent return other than a capital gain at the end if you can. Farming is a family life style business not a company business, just ask the russians.
    Good luck with your investment, i expect of myself much higher returns than you could possibly hope for with this one. MACDUNK

Hey Macdunk amazing how the economics of this investment have changed over the last year, trust you have had a lot of stocks finish over 100% up in the last year.
    ETRADER i have had more than 100% return on my nvestment account. My trading account far exceeds 100% this year. I started the year with MCR,SMY,AGM,SMM, MCR was $2-15 its now $4-50 SMY was $2-20 now $5-99. AGM was 59c sold most of them at $1-05 the sp is now 74c SMM was $3-20 sold at $5-94 at the take over bought IGO at $4-63 its now $8-20. I removed my initial investment ammount and left slightly more than half in which i will stick under the bed. Investment account long term holds AGM MCR SMY IGO. I am now a full time trader which is much safer more fun and so far highly profitable. Macdunk

Smile Good times

Well done on 07 investments you're on the case with your stocks i see.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    Well done on 07 investments you're on the case with your stocks i see.
    The one thing that should be mentioned is the exchange rate which has added about 8% this year so far by investing in Australia. The AUD will trend up over time against the NZ dollar which makes the ASX the only place to be. Macdunk

Question

WOW,, Mr full time trader MacDuck.. Australian non resident lucky for US..

Met a few farmers from Canterbury who are investing in farms in South America. Land there is dirt cheap compared to NZ although productivity is much lower. As the dairy industry there matures, the support system will grow with the industry and productivity will then go much higher.

Threat for NZ farmers in the future?

Balance: in a word YES. Huge potential threat in my opinion.
    However my opinion is also that many farmers are underestimating the work involved in getting this terrain up to scratch, and the cultural differences in employing local south americans among other things. This is a long term play and I hope those sending their cash across the pacific understand that: it's a long way to go to try and get any back!
    But again, huge potential if you know what you're getting into.