sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Now that's what I call a good update. Light on profit outlook though so I wonder if setup costs will eat in. Happy to hold though.

Corky

hi corky

your got a good little blog site there, keep up the good work.

Advanced Member

I held this one for a while last year, but the sp seemed to be going nowhere fast, and I dumped. I thought I should have another look at it today, given the news that they have been awarded a 2-year contract for CFE's Lady Annie, but there doesn't seem to be anything there that would lead me to buy back in, at this stage - unless, of course, the charts started to stir.

Someone else may have contrary views - I recall someone else on ST mentioning this stock on another thread, last year.

Veteran novice

That someone might have been me, Colin. I'm a sucker for mining services stocks and have held some longer than I should!

I still have a few SWK, encouraged by their steady progress into North America and improving utilisation rates in Aust although I'm more likely to sell than to buy more at this stage.

Good news though with the new two year Lady Annie contract.

Mcduffy, how do you get time to read up on so many companies? I coudl barely fit 3 companies in my reading time a week.

I have so many companies to read up that I am getting confused. I need to focus on just a few.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    That someone might have been me, Colin. I'm a sucker for mining services stocks and have held some longer than I should!

I still have a few SWK, encouraged by their steady progress into North America and improving utilisation rates in Aust although I'm more likely to sell than to buy more at this stage.

Good news though with the new two year Lady Annie contract.
    Thanks, MacD.
    Dr. Who: I would hate to have to admit how many companies are in my portfolio. I know that the conventional wisdom is that, to ensure optimal portfolio performance, we shouldn't spread out too thinly; however, I seem to have an inbuilt resistance to putting too large a percentage of the portfolio in any one company, particularly the smaller caps. It does mean that I have to spend a lot of time monitoring my position, which means that my good wife starts questioning the amount of time I am at the keyboard!

Veteran novice

I could have written that, Colin!

And yes, doc, I have far too many companies to monitor - sometimes with poor results. But I adhere to the axiom that one 4 or 5 bagger, and I've had more than a few, will make up for a couple of write-offs so long as one is careful to invest more or less equal amounts. But what I must do is be a bit more disciplined in setting and acting on, where necessary, stop loss limits on my more speculative stocks to either quit a mistake early on or to protect my profits.

Nice theory!

Veteran novice

Operations update from SWK.

New contracts signed and now expect to have a record 55 rigs in operation by March, including North American work with 5 under contract and one on trial drilling.

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100119/pd...7xfp1gv183.pdf

Veteran novice

SWK announced a major drilling contract from Newmont. In excess of $50m revenue expected over three years.

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100324/pd...kzx0yg3jb8.pdf

Activity rebuilding for the company with 63 rigs in work by July.

You holding MacDuff?