sharetrader
Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast

Default BEACH PETROLEUM - BPT

Any following this one. Chart & story looking good.

disc hold

What a coincidence, I was about to look for a thread on this one because of the chart as well (Actually just bought into it today)

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/int...w.x=0&draw.y=0

Beach Petroleum looks undervalued to me at the current price, might be a safe place to park extra cash under the current climate.
    Respect
    TOMMY

Disclosure: trading in and out of many stocks, too many to update the list at the moment...

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING I SAY OR IMPLY... USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS.

Tommy
    Looks only you & I, so I will keep 'mummm' about it.

cheers

Guru

In my radar, PE ratio of 5 forcast for 2008!Bought in on Friday, after doing extensive research upon selling DrillSearch

Oil is a very important part of my portfolio.

This will no doubt help, time to re-visit oil.

Peak Oil Passnotes: Can Oil Go to $80 Again? Why Not?

By Edward Tapamor
    20 Apr 2007 at 05:57 PM GMT-04:00

PARIS (ResourceInvestor.com) -- Gasoline has continued its rise on the back of more dodgy refineries, increased demand and it has kept the price of crude healthy and above the $60 per barrel range. The thing is there does not seem to be any reason in the near future for crude to fall too far.

Instead a number of bullish factors - gasoline price, company troubles, geo-politics, the weather - are readying themselves, like an unpleasant obstacle course for barrels of light sweet.

There was a 4.4 million barrel draw in gasoline inventories on the eastern seaboard and in the U.S. as a whole – the only place that really matters – gasoline rose on average by 7.4 cents per gallon, to reach a tidy $2.87 per gallon.

That means that gasoline is up over 70 cents since the start of the year and year on year we are looking at around an 11.5 per cent rise.

Currently exacerbating the problem are two major elections, France and Nigeria. The French may have companies like Total [NYSE:TOT] and Maurel et Prom [Paris:MLFMM] doing pretty well in Africa, they may have the large service company Technip but their politicians are far less promising.

The inheritor of Jacques Chirac’s mantle may well be his fellow party member Nicolas Sarkozy. Sarkozy is seen as being the man who can bring the so-called “free market” to France and revitalise its economy. It might have passed a few people by but France is still the sixth biggest economy in the world, so despite its 35 hour week and best-in-the-world national health service it is not doing too badly.

But as an Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) nation it certainly consumes its fair share of crude oil. The politicians of France are not going to change that or its devotion to nuclear power.

What is more important is the election in Nigeria, which is threatening to spawn even more violence. The country that could produce somewhere around 2.8 million barrels per day is currently lifting around 2.3 million barrels per day because of the long standing problems in the southern Niger delta.

But the regional and now presidential elections have thrown up more bloodshed, corruption and very little hope. Armed men have stormed polling stations and taken ballots and now the actual slips to enable voting for the presidential election have not arrived in the country 24 hours before voting is due to begin. And this is the country the U.S. is relying on to produce and increasing share of its oil.

Around the southern oil town of Port Harcourt the ruling party the People's Democratic Party of Nigeria (PDP) have won elections for the local appointees. Of course there was violence, politicians have traditionally hired various armed men to intimidate, steal and so on. What happened after the last election however was disappointed armed men who suddenly were left out of the loop, really got angry.

Already there are signs that this could happen again. Meanwhile, even before the election various candidates are saying they will contest the results, presumably if they do not win of course.

This has all the hallmarks of a bullish effect on crude do you not think? Another problem that will not go away are the troubles at BP [NYSE:BP]. This week another set of workers were rushed to hospital with sickness and eye irritation. Of course they came from the fantastic Texas City refinery facility where 15 died and 180 were injured in March 2005. This of course does

quote:Originally posted by tricha

Imm, how long since you have looked at Beach Sec [?]

OIL increase 76 %

Gas decrease 17 %
    You're right I hadn't looked at the latest quarterly report but after reading it I understand why the market was disappointed.

So oil revenue was approx 53% of total for the quarter. It should have been a lot higher but their rig in the Bass Strait has been fraught with commissioning problems and has been producing at barely half the expected rate (despite management assurances that the development was 'successfully commissioned').

Although oil revenue was slightly higher than gas for the quarter gas production was 65% of total in boe. Furthermore, gas comprises 77% of BPT's 2P reserves in boe so that unless BPT makes some substantial improvements to oil reserves soon BPT will still be considered as primarily a gas producer.

SEC

Guru

[}]I'm afaid Sec u have got Beach horrible wrong.

Read their latest announcement today.

This is out there, this year they are going to participate in 130 wells+ @ 25% average.

Cheers [B)]

Correct me if I'm wrong Tricha, but don't BPT hold a stack of Ramelius shares [?].

RMS put out an amazing report today, with one of their drill holes returning 48m at 154 g/t au, including 1m at 1783 g/t (1.8kg) fron 148 m down hole depth [] [] [] []

RMS share price more than doubled!

Just checked the RMS website....as at 20 September 2006, BPT held 14.74% of Ramelius. Haven't checked if this holding has since changed.

Certainly not the main game for BPT, but a very nice bonus all the same.

Guru

Huang Chung - "Just checked the RMS website....as at 20 September 2006, BPT held 14.74% of Ramelius. Haven't checked if this holding has since changed.
    Certainly not the main game for BPT, but a very nice bonus all the same."

WOW that is certainly out Huang Chung, I take it u own Beach or RMS shares[?] [?]
    Yes, shows how slack I am getting as far as research goes before I buy into a company these days, I did not have a clue about it[|)]
    The MD Reg Nelson from Beach is on the board of RMS.

Yes a very nice bonus indeed for Beach.

13,400,000 million shares and they go up over $1.

Cheers [B)][}]

quote:Originally posted by tricha

Read their latest announcement today.

This is out there, this year they are going to participate in 130 wells+ @ 25% average.

Cheers [B)]
    BPT's rise yesterday had nothing to do with their exploration plans regurgitated for this week's Melbourne Investor Conference, and everything to do with their 15% holding in Ramelius.

SEC