sharetrader
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778 LastLast
    IMO

Beach is well positioned, with a strong balance sheet and robust revenue stream
    Excellent Cooper Basin drilling results support delivery of FY20 production in-line with original guidance Portfolio of growth opportunities available close to all 7 production hubs
    Forward investment program to be right-sized to prioritise highest returning opportunities
    Primarily the same plan at a prudent pace to manage market and pandemic issues
    Confident in long term oil and gas market fundamentals
    Macquarie Australia Conference Presentation

Cheers.Contrarian play maybe peat? 67% gas and gas liquids with fixed contracts and downside protection.Invested in this so long ago , i cant remember if i gained on it.Chart poking up a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

Beach is well positioned, with a strong balance sheet and robust revenue stream
    Excellent Cooper Basin drilling results support delivery of FY20 production in-line with original guidance Portfolio of growth opportunities available close to all 7 production hubs
    Forward investment program to be right-sized to prioritise highest returning opportunities
    Primarily the same plan at a prudent pace to manage market and pandemic issues
    Confident in long term oil and gas market fundamentals
    Macquarie Australia Conference Presentation

Cheers.Contrarian play maybe peat? 67% gas and gas liquids with fixed contracts and downside protection.Invested in this so long ago , i cant remember if i gained on it.Chart poking up a little?

Yeh exactly JT
    I guess if I am going to whinge about poor value (ala FPH thread) then I need to try and find some value. And I have Aussie funds earning less than 1% so I'e started loooking at Aussies large caps for some core L/T holdings.
    BHP RIO WPL etc, so I wanted to do some comparisons on metrics etc so I looked at Beach. I looked at that Presentation you quoted yes , so that all sounds reasonble for the short - med term.
    Concerns are of course OIL and gas gluts. Environmentalism etc , but value is value.

They have 50% of Kupe too.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Incidentally, Beach Petroleum is now Beach Energy - as is the fashion these days.
    Thanks for the correction McD , noted! The ticker stays the same tho!
    Last edited by peat; 01-07-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Stratfor say a slow unwinding of production cuts will prevent oil going above $50.

OPEC+ Begins a Gradual Unwinding of Production Cuts

The OPEC+ grouping will begin to unwind its deep production cuts in August in line with Russia's preference unless a COVID-19 resurgence produces a wholesale reversal of demand recovery. Saudi Arabia has agreed to this since Russia, which has over 2 million barrels per day of spare capacity, already could cheat if it so chose. This unwinding initially entails a reduction in the headline volume from 9.7 million bpd to 7.7 million bpd through the end of 2020. Laggards like Iraq and Nigeria agreed at the June 4 meeting to come into compliance, but will probably still fall short of their pledges to cut. The price impact of the initial phase of unwinding will be to prevent Brent from rising past $50 per barrel in Q3, in line with Russia's desire to keep U.S. drilling at a level where production will remain reduced.

IMO

“Opec+ has only one choice: extend the cut,” said Anas Alhajji, an adviser to oil-producing governments. “Differences will focus on the length of the extension."
    Saudi Arabia poised to reverse extra production cuts as ...www.ft.com › content

otherwise what? Oil prices fall out of bed. ?
    I cant read the FT article but headline reads as if its a certainty Saudi Arabia will reverse cuts - in other words produce more , Stratfor agrees but says it will only happen slowly and yet oil adviser says they must not produce more.

Oil does look like it might fall, to me , but so do most things and so far markets are still rising , risk on.

The problem with this sector is that sentiment has gone sour for obvious reasons, the most obvious being the recent crash in the price of oil.
    Beach in particular has strong fundamentals, with a p.e. ratio of 6.18. However, the whole sector is heavily discounted to the strong cashflows
    and profits of companies like Beach which I understand at the present time also has no debt. They could raise their dividends which would
    make the stock more attractive, or open a finance facility and take out another company but at the moment the sector is in the doldrums
    with nobody investing as they don't know which way the wind is going to blow. One for punters with deep pockets and big balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    One for punters with deep pockets and big balls.
    Well I never saw myself quite that way (he said in a deep voice)

Beach Energy has been granted one of the consents it will need for the drilling it plans off the North Otago coast next year.
    Beach is planning to drill one well – Wherry-1 – about 168 kilometres south-east of Timaru. The Adelaide-based company, which also operates the Kupe gas field off the Taranaki coast, is targeting gas.

a gas discovery (and of course oil up overnite) allowed BPT to rise 15% today.

Yay, back to break even lol

Great stock to trade in and out of over the years as it has rigidly followed the price of oil. Not that I ever traded it, but sagacity
    after the event is one of my attributes.

Sorry , I sold some at $2.00 and then it went to $2.75

Big gas discovery at Ironbark would put a rocket under it of course.

On fire today. Up to 190 cents. Huge volume as well. Has someone got early information on Ironbark?