sharetrader
Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ELYOB View Post
    It puts a long term value of about 5.5c on DLS . If DLS doesn't go for this , the world is a funny place .
    I see DLS are fighting back & seem dead against BPT's offer

BPT - Weekly Drilling Report

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=172569

BPT/PTR - Geothermnal Update

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=172568

Check out the rig as we drill into the centre of the earth!
    Last edited by shasta; 17-06-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Tricha, if you could only drop your silly, adversarial, combative, abrasive, confrontational approach you might learn something to your advantage. For all your scoffing at TA, you, more than most on this site, stand to gain a lot from it. The timing of your buy and sell decisions is particularly poor. For example, it appears that you are now attempting to range-trade BPT. Can you see that you sold right in the middle of the trading range? The idea is to buy near the lower limit of the trading range and sell near the upper limit. BPT is in a short-term uptrend. If you want to range-trade this stock, you have sold too soon.

Before you launch into another round of personal abuse, enormous multicoloured fonts and protracted "cut and paste" posts, take a look at this chart. See how tea-leaves could help you time your BPT trading entries and exits. The idea is to buy when the oscillator is rising from "OverSold" levels and Sell when the oscillator is falling from "OverBought" levels. The green arrows mark Buy signals, the red Sell signals. See how you sold even though BPT was nowhere near resistance, was still rising and had not even reached Oversold levels? A simple chart like this would help you time your entries and exits - to your advantage.
    Well said! Will likely fall on deaf ears though I suspect.

Whilst most of us have been head down bum up finding the good stocks to make a killing on over the last couple of months, Tricha has been crying his histrionics from the rooftops and missed out on making a motza.

As Homer would say.... Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by mattyroo View Post
    Well said! Will likely fall on deaf ears though I suspect.

Whilst most of us have been head down bum up finding the good stocks to make a killing on over the last couple of months, Tricha has been crying his histrionics from the rooftops and missed out on making a motza.

As Homer would say.... Doh!
    Roo

What's your take on BPT's involvement in the geothermal/hot rocks project?

I read it doesn't have the dewatering issues that CSG has, is that true?

A 4km drill into the earth core sounds extreme

gday Shasta
    Ive held PTR since its inception and is a good story waiting to happen(I Hope)
    Originally most talk was not so much whether the temps were right but more on getting a heat exchanger that could cope
    The passage of time seems to have fixed this problem due to continued developments in the sector
    I think there is around 15 or 16 companies involved in Hot rocks but what is comforting is the fact they are prepared to share their knowledge and equipment with each other
    Sorry I cant cut and paste but their was a good press release on 15 March which answers a lot of questions
    Such a simple concept , pouring water down one hole and getting power for the Beverly mine out the other
    As to where BPT sit in all this?
    Its all about diversification with them(they must have lots of fingers or a very big pie)
    They have got in early and I hope it pays off but I wonder in todays climate whether they would have taken it on or more importantly maybe they could of got in cheaper.

Welcome To Suntland

Quote Originally Posted by suntboy View Post
    gday Shasta
    Ive held PTR since its inception and is a good story waiting to happen(I Hope)
    Originally most talk was not so much whether the temps were right but more on getting a heat exchanger that could cope
    The passage of time seems to have fixed this problem due to continued developments in the sector
    I think there is around 15 or 16 companies involved in Hot rocks but what is comforting is the fact they are prepared to share their knowledge and equipment with each other
    Sorry I cant cut and paste but their was a good press release on 15 March which answers a lot of questions
    Such a simple concept , pouring water down one hole and getting power for the Beverly mine out the other
    As to where BPT sit in all this?
    Its all about diversification with them(they must have lots of fingers or a very big pie)
    They have got in early and I hope it pays off but I wonder in todays climate whether they would have taken it on or more importantly maybe they could of got in cheaper.

Welcome To Suntland
    BPT - Presentation Out

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=172602

Effectively debt free, thats the best bit

BPT - Change in Shareholding

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=172603

This could explain the SP weakness of late, strange time to sell down i would have thought?

Maybe Mathews think the POO is going down south?

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    BPT - Change in Shareholding

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=172603

This could explain the SP weakness of late, strange time to sell down i would have thought?

Maybe Mathews think the POO is going down south?
    I presume they don't have to sell stock to meet redemptions....surely we're well past that point by now.

Maybe Mathews sees itself getting more bang for its buck elsewhere in the market?
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 19-06-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    I presume they don't have to sell stock to meet redemptions....surely we're well past that point by now.

Maybe Mathews sees itself getting more bang for its buck elsewhere in the market?
    I dunno, the fact they are selling probably indicates BPT is a buy

AWC huh, i looked at them a while back, too much debt - have they addressed that yet?

HC - you & your zinc,

i hope it makes ya millions, you deserve it

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I dunno, the fact they are selling probably indicates BPT is a buy

AWC huh, i looked at them a while back, too much debt - have they addressed that yet?

HC - you & your zinc,

i hope it makes ya millions, you deserve it
    yeah but ShaSTA, Beach management are ...................................

And I still hold 20K of them
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post
    yeah but ShaSTA, Beach management are ...................................

And I still hold 20K of them
    NZO & VPE, showed how previous bad management can turn things around with a few changes, & BPT are slowly learning...

1. Paying off debt
    2. Active exploration/drill program
    3. Hedging to leverage the POO upside
    4. On the acquistion path to replace the Tipton West reserves

BPT just needs another decent sized project, instead of multiple useful, but modest sized projects