sharetrader
Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I dunno, the fact they are selling probably indicates BPT is a buy

AWC huh, i looked at them a while back, too much debt - have they addressed that yet?

HC - you & your zinc,

i hope it makes ya millions, you deserve it
    Hi Shasta

AWC recently issued more shares to get their gearing down. But if I was to ditch one of my four stocks, AWC would be the one to go.

Yep, think zinc Shasta.....everybody is clamoring over gold, oil, copper etc, but not zinc as yet, but its time will come. Opportunity to stock up on unloved, unwanted zinc plays right now IMO. Straw hats in winter as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    Hi Shasta

AWC recently issued more shares to get their gearing down. But if I was to ditch one of my four stocks, AWC would be the one to go.

Yep, think zinc Shasta.....everybody is clamoring over gold, oil, copper etc, but not zinc as yet, but its time will come. Opportunity to stock up on unloved, unwanted zinc plays right now IMO. Straw hats in winter as they say.
    Im all oil & gas, after selling LGL (bad timing, false signals damn it!)

I've had zinc exposure before with PEM & OZL, but its not a metal i get too enthused about...

I'm looking at a small REE/U308 play though

Im all oil & gas, after selling LGL (bad timing, false signals damn it!)

I've had zinc exposure before with PEM & OZL, but its not a metal i get too enthused about...

I'm looking at a small REE/U308 play though
    BPT - Another Oil Discovery, @ Butlers -1 (Smallish)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=450529

BPT has 75% of the permit, COE 25%

BPT - Another Oil Discovery, @ Butlers -1 (Smallish)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=450529

BPT has 75% of the permit, COE 25%
    BPT - "BMG" Update

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=554756

Whilst this isnt BPT's largest project, it's worth noting...

(From the Beach website)

Gippsland Basin Reserves are based upon an independent assessment conducted by Resource Investment Strategy Consultants (RISC) in August 2008. In addition, RISC assessed additional 2P Reserves of 16 mmboe (net to Beach Petroleum) associated with the BMG gas project. Beach Petroleum has elected to defer booking the reserve until development of the gas and associated oil and condensate reserves is approved by BMG Joint Venture.

Veteran novice

It's not a lot of money but today's announcement about the geothermal drilling grant hasn't done anything for the BPT SP.
    Or maybe it has - stopped it from dropping!

Guru

Post Lifes a Beach

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    It's not a lot of money but today's announcement about the geothermal drilling grant hasn't done anything for the BPT SP.
    Or maybe it has - stopped it from dropping!

You have ten minutes to top on on discounted Beach Shares.

Friday 26 June 2009
    MEDIA RELEASE
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Ref: #079/09
    NEW GROWTH AND OPERATIONAL STRATEGIES REFLECTED IN KEY BEACH APPOINTMENTS
    New growth and operational strategies are reflected in key Board and Executive appointments announced today by Australian oil and gas producer and explorer, Beach Petroleum Limited (ASX: "BPT").
    Beach Chairman, Mr Robert Kennedy, announced that Adelaide lawyer, Mr Glenn Davis, had been appointed Deputy Chairman and that Mr Hector Gordon – currently the Company’s Chief Operations Officer - had been appointed to the newly-created position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
    Mr Davis, who has been a Beach Director since 2007, has had a long association with the Company in legal and commercial matters.
    "As Deputy Chairman, Mr Davis brings to the Board his expertise in the execution of large legal and commercial transactions and significant experience in corporate activity regulated by the Corporations Act and ASX Limited," Mr Kennedy said.
    "We also advise that our Managing Director, Mr Reg Nelson, will in future concentrate largely on high level strategic growth opportunities for the company," he said.
    "To that end, Mr Hector Gordon will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer, with a focus on building and developing Beach’s exploration and production portfolio as well as its investor relations function."
    Mr Kennedy said the new appointments were at a time when Beach is poised to take advantage of its strong balance sheet and nil effective debt to build and grow.
    "These appointments enhance the Beach Board and executive team which have over the years developed a strong rapport and mutual respect, based on independence and professional competence," he said
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Advanced Member

Until DLS gets out of the way, lifes a beach for BPT shareholders.

Up the ante for DLS is a share price breaker for BPT and letting the offer lapsed would cost a bit of coin in T/O admin fees. No winner here and DLS has REJECTED the offer.

Like we all say here, the range is 75 to 85 until the DLS crap.

Veteran novice

QUOTE.

Unfortunately, Beach shares seem to be on one of those perpetual "LAST 3 DAYS!" sales that we see so often these days.
    My biggest mistake with BPT was not cutting my losses when I sold after the last cash issue at $1.43 and hanging on to a few "to see what happens".

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    QUOTE.

Unfortunately, Beach shares seem to be on one of those perpetual "LAST 3 DAYS!" sales that we see so often these days.
    My biggest mistake with BPT was not cutting my losses when I sold after the last cash issue at $1.43 and hanging on to a few "to see what happens".

I'm holding to see what happens with the geothermal drill, if it's no good i'm out

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Until DLS gets out of the way, lifes a beach for BPT shareholders.

Up the ante for DLS is a share price breaker for BPT and letting the offer lapsed would cost a bit of coin in T/O admin fees. No winner here and DLS has REJECTED the offer.

Like we all say here, the range is 75 to 85 until the DLS crap.
    DLS is a side issue and the geothermo is a piss in the pot.

Does not matter, bought my shares back that I sold a few weeks ago, read between the lines, Beach is cheap.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME