sharetrader
Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Tricha I think he got banned from the site for "speaking his mind"

I thought we beleived in "freedom of speech" ?? apparently not.

Hopefully whoever asked for him to be removed will allow him back to have his say.
    I'll second that, Oiler.

While we don't want to see personal squabbles, all views ought to be allowed in the interests of as full discussion as possible. Besides, plenty of examples of more extreme language have got past the moderators as far as I can tell.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Tricha I think he got banned from the site for "speaking his mind"

I thought we beleived in "freedom of speech" ?? apparently not.

Hopefully whoever asked for him to be removed will allow him back to have his say.
    Hmm depends what the speech was Oiler,

upside_umop - "There is no way I will be doing a DCF calculation for this company. It would take days if not weeks. I have far too much on my plate with my Finance Honours, and much prefer smaller, easier to calculate companies."

I'm sticking with my valuation of Beach, until someone can confirm otherwise, I just wish Upside had stood up and gave it to me, with facts.
    Like Corporate did with COE, saved me a heap.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

After a wee banning for my conversation relating to this thread, I'm back!

Selling out so soon shasta? Into better waters like CFE I see...thats got more grunt for sure.

Sorry tricha, you read correctly, I dont have time to do a valuation! Its not even really my thing anymore. I hope you guys arent offended in my critiquing of your analysis, I just dont like seeing people get burnt from having high expectations from people ramping!

Cheers Oiler and MacDuffy, I didnt think it was worthy of a banning either, but never mind..it allowed me to be productive for a week at least!
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    After a wee banning for my conversation relating to this thread, I'm back!

Selling out so soon shasta? Into better waters like CFE I see...thats got more grunt for sure.

Sorry tricha, you read correctly, I dont have time to do a valuation! Its not even really my thing anymore. I hope you guys arent offended in my critiquing of your analysis, I just dont like seeing people get burnt from having high expectations from people ramping!

Cheers Oiler and MacDuffy, I didnt think it was worthy of a banning either, but never mind..it allowed me to be productive for a week at least!
    I sold down, not completely out, dont ask me why...

Like Macduffy i want to keep an interest in BPT & i did say i'd stick around for the Geothermal drill.

Have been doing some research on Geothermal energy, & i like it's chances of taking off, especially in South Australia (away from the CSG guys, except Sapex/Linc).

Will be interesting to see what the Paralana drill results show up

Sold down some OEL (funds needed elsewhere), but the BPT funds went into CFE.

Veteran novice

Beach, the stock I love to hate!

I almost sold the last of mine today, marshalling funds for the NAB SPP which at $21-50 is an offer too good to refuse. But I won't get enough for my BPT to make up to the $15,000 without also selling something else so it looks like they will live to see another day. At least the weekend!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Beach, the stock I love to hate!

I almost sold the last of mine today, marshalling funds for the NAB SPP which at $21-50 is an offer too good to refuse. But I won't get enough for my BPT to make up to the $15,000 without also selling something else so it looks like they will live to see another day. At least the weekend!
    NAB SPP is definitely a go MacDuff. Are you eligible to apply for the full amount?

I traded BPT 2 weeks ago. Paid more than the lows and sold less than the highs. Thems the breaks. Now could buy them back cheaper. Looks like to the 70's again for BPT.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    NAB SPP is definitely a go MacDuff. Are you eligible to apply for the full amount?

I traded BPT 2 weeks ago. Paid more than the lows and sold less than the highs. Thems the breaks. Now could buy them back cheaper. Looks like to the 70's again for BPT.
    Well, I hope not. ( 70's again for BPT, that is.)

Part of my reason for holding, apart from the fact that selling wouldn't give me enough $$$'s is that I'm reasonably confident that the SP will get a short term boost when the result is announced. It should be a big number with the Tipton West proceeds "tipped in " and I'm counting on the BPT people putting out another upbeat release. They do do these things pretty well and there will be another dividend to tempt the DLS recalcitrants.
    If that is the case it might be my opportunity to exit while the rosy glow is still there.

Yes, I get to apply for the full $15,000 in the NAB SPP. I passed on the last one for reasons which I don't remember. Probably the state of the market at the time and/or there wasn't the same fat margin in that offer.

Well, I hope not. ( 70's again for BPT, that is.)

Part of my reason for holding, apart from the fact that selling wouldn't give me enough $$$'s is that I'm reasonably confident that the SP will get a short term boost when the result is announced. It should be a big number with the Tipton West proceeds "tipped in " and I'm counting on the BPT people putting out another upbeat release. They do do these things pretty well and there will be another dividend to tempt the DLS recalcitrants.
    If that is the case it might be my opportunity to exit while the rosy glow is still there.

Yes, I get to apply for the full $15,000 in the NAB SPP. I passed on the last one for reasons which I don't remember. Probably the state of the market at the time and/or there wasn't the same fat margin in that offer.
    Macduffy

You not hanging around for the geothermal project drill results?

Given the numbers that PAX are throwing around, this could be huge?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Macduffy

You not hanging around for the geothermal project drill results?

Given the numbers that PAX are throwing around, this could be huge?
    Well, never say never of course but that geothermal drilling will take a very long time and as I understand it it's not yet a proven technology/process in the way that NZ geothermal is.

For me, a lot will depend on the way it's dressed up in the forthcoming profit announcement.

Well, never say never of course but that geothermal drilling will take a very long time and as I understand it it's not yet a proven technology/process in the way that NZ geothermal is.

For me, a lot will depend on the way it's dressed up in the forthcoming profit announcement.
    BPT - Chiton-1 Drill on PEL 91 (BPT 40% & DLS 60%)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=173369

Nice map on page 2 shows why BPT are after DLS

Remember BPT already has 75% of PEL 92 (with 2 recent oil discoveries, COE has the other 25%).

An oil strike might make it hard for BPT to secure DLS, but a dry hole might be enough to snear DLS.

What's the bet there's oil around PEL 91? (Notice Growler in the map )

BPT/PTR - Geothermal Ann

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=173367
    Last edited by shasta; 10-08-2009 at 04:59 PM.