sharetrader
Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 LastLast

A farm out to Chevron has solved Beach problems in respect of Capex. for it's shale campaign, while Beach is still retaining a significant interest. No doubt Chevron will bring some expertise and experience to the party.
    Hard to say how far this thing will run but I note that Beach is treading water as far as conventional production is concerned, although the new pipe lines may help to get them over the line.

Anyone following this one, I held for a short period about a year ago and made a good profit, I see it's dropped to $1.15 (30%) since January. It seems they have had good results drilling with higher hit rates. I have strayed away from oil and gas / mining sectors, but I would be interested in what people think and if anyone has done some research/been keeping an eye on BPT.

Veteran novice

It seems that the market is over the initial burst of excitement about BPT and its shale gas and the realisation has sunk in that there's still a long way to go to prove profitability there. The abundance of gas being discovered - and produced - in the USA is also a factor as pressure on the international price of LNG increases.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    It seems that the market is over the initial burst of excitement about BPT and its shale gas and the realisation has sunk in that there's still a long way to go to prove profitability there. The abundance of gas being discovered - and produced - in the USA is also a factor as pressure on the international price of LNG increases.
    Thanks boss

Veteran novice

From the AFR:

Beach Energy's move to beef up its already bulging balance sheet has caught the attention of some investors who could see the oil and gas player making a move on smaller rivals Drillsearch or Senex Energy. The $1.4 billion Beach is topping up a $150 million debt facility through ANZ Banking Group and Commonwealth Bank of Australia, increasing the loan to $320 million on three- and five-year terms.

It comes as the company already had $343 million cash on its balance sheet at December 31 and received another $US190 million cash upfront from a deal with Chevron in February.

At the same time, analysts expect it would have burnt through only $43 million cash in the 2013 financial year.

It means Beach Energy could have upwards of $500 million in cash when it reports full-year numbers next month, before it draws down any new debt. That makes the recent capital raising all the more curious. The company says its credit-growth hungry bankers offered the increased package and there was no reason not to take the funds. It's also possible Beach Energy may be preparing to take out $150 million of the company's convertible notes due next year.

But it is hard to overlook the possibility Beach may be building a war chest for potential acquisitions. Beach has been an active asset trader in recent years and there is logic it joining up with neighbour Senex or Drillsearch. It already owns a small stake in Drillsearch and the pair have a number of joint ventures.

The question for Beach is whether Drillsearch and Senex represent good value at a time when the Australian dollar is falling. The falling dollar should be good news for Beach's oil production revenue, and may discourage ideas of offshore expansion.

Corporate

This is very interesting. Especially because COE and DLS also increased their facilities.

I think DLS would be the best fit for BPT.

What are these guys cost of production per barrel? hard to find anywhere, would also be interested in WPL (woodside) and STO (santos) production costs, prob a good time to buy some low cost producers

Veteran novice

According to the company -BPT - it's $A25 pb.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...bout-oil-price

Veteran novice

It's a while since anyone on this side of the Tasman showed interest in Beach - now known as Beach Energy. Meanwhile, speculation that they are vying for Shell's NZ assets.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...adb68a3878cc66

Disc: I hold the rump of a holding, courtesy of leftovers from a dividend investment scheme!

good run last few months, still worth looking at? thoughts?