sharetrader

Hybrid View

I think allowing for NZR's uplift and the present value of NZD:USD, that the in-progress year is looking pretty positive (especially relative to the present share price). The article linked below indicates Singapore complex margin of US$3.50 for the quarter just completed, which should hopefully translate to an NZR margin of around US$8 in the upcoming two monthly update. And any spike like is presently happening may get them briefly over cap. Without a shutdown this year, cashflow should be pretty tidy.

Had to roll my eyes at the solar farm though. I wish they would just stick to their knitting.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20190617005100320
    Last edited by cyclist; 10-07-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Guru

While I'm not an expert..... this doesn't seem to contain any surprises.
    SP 220....up a wee bit over the last few days. Pleasing

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/337889

Disc: As a good Northland citizen. Holding.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    ... The article linked below indicates Singapore complex margin of US$3.50 for the quarter just completed, which should hopefully translate to an NZR margin of around US$8 in the upcoming two monthly update .....

Well, got that spectacularly wrong! I do wonder where NZR get their Singapore complex figure from sometimes. It never seems to be close to anything I can find on-line. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    I think allowing for NZR's uplift and the present value of NZD:USD, that the in-progress year is looking pretty positive (especially relative to the present share price). The article linked below indicates Singapore complex margin of US$3.50 for the quarter just completed, which should hopefully translate to an NZR margin of around US$8 in the upcoming two monthly update. And any spike like is presently happening may get them briefly over cap. Without a shutdown this year, cashflow should be pretty tidy.

Had to roll my eyes at the solar farm though. I wish they would just stick to their knitting.

New GM has got a background in renewables. This could be his version of putting up new wallpaper. Very expensive wallpaper at that. I hope they build oppourtunity cost into their calculations as when the railway line heads to the port (another of shanes projects) I am pretty sure that the substaintial land holding that the refinery wants to turn into a solar farm will be worth a lot more that it currently is.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    New GM has got a background in renewables. This could be his version of putting up new wallpaper. Very expensive wallpaper at that. I hope they build oppourtunity cost into their calculations as when the railway line heads to the port (another of shanes projects) I am pretty sure that the substaintial land holding that the refinery wants to turn into a solar farm will be worth a lot more that it currently is.
    Your point about the solar farm on the land more or less adjacent to our new major Port is a good one. Agree, this land probably of a lot more value supporting the port. I guess the solar farm could go elsewhere ? Just needs somewhere it can hook up to the electrical grid ? And a friendly lines or power company ?