sharetrader
Page 129 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2174

It is already priced in. Looks like insider trading. It finally tells me why price drop so fast.

Guru

Indeed GC. Here is the related article

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU160...er-problem.htm

Even after that news it still finished up for the day.

all quiet here, brent Dubai spread is not good at the moment , cracks under pressure, hydro cracker offline probably wont be a good report next time
    one step ahead of the herd

In the last financial year, I don't remember anything going against NZR at all. It truly was an all stars align year.

This year, spreads seem to be coming under pressure, and a few minor mishaps have occurred, one being a tanker delay which impacted volume, then the issue with the cracker which was quite an expensive mishap.

So to me, it looks like 2015 was maximum profit or close to, this year every mishap will eat into profitability, a long way to go and it looks like spreads under pressure, dollar going higher... The opposite of last year. Can't be good for SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    In the last financial year, I don't remember anything going against NZR at all. It truly was an all stars align year.

This year, spreads seem to be coming under pressure, and a few minor mishaps have occurred, one being a tanker delay which impacted volume, then the issue with the cracker which was quite an expensive mishap.

So to me, it looks like 2015 was maximum profit or close to, this year every mishap will eat into profitability, a long way to go and it looks like spreads under pressure, dollar going higher... The opposite of last year. Can't be good for SP.
    All true, but the sp is already 23% lower the the peak last year. Which means 2016 being a weaker year is already foretasted into sp. NZR is still a very strong div stock that should produce a decent result after the cracker has been repaired.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    All true, but the sp is already 23% lower the the peak last year. Which means 2016 being a weaker year is already foretasted into sp. NZR is still a very strong div stock that should produce a decent result after the cracker has been repaired.
    Agree..... and they are still paying off debt.... 3.00 seems to be the lower resistance level. Watching the chart closely.

I wouldnt read too much into the cracker breaking down, it is a normal shut down (cracker tripped a week before shut down which allowed them to plan for extra work if needed). We rented out a house to some of the guys working on the hydrocraker shutdown and they were done and dusted 5 days earlier than originally planned so it looks like the shutdown is going very well. Shut downs are normal planned events.

The crude ship delay earlier on was not great but with the cracker with new catalyst I am sure they will make up for lost ground over the coming weeks. NZD at 69c is still better than last years average of 70c and dont forget we have got a full year of margin uplift from new project.

We might be looking at Mar/Apr margins of $6USD to $7USD bbl but that is still pretty good.

Thats a good response CDonald - thanks.

Outside thinking.

Nice to see NZR buying its own shares at the present lows......

For the purposes of Listing Rule 7.12.1 of the NZX Main Board/Debt Market Listing Rules,The New Zealand Refining Company Limited (NZR) advises that the following securitieshave been acquired:

1. a Class of securityISIN
    2. b Number acquired
    3. c Acquisition price
    4. d Payment
    5. e Amount paid up
    6. f Principle terms of securities
    7. g Percentage of class ofsecurities
    8. h Reason for acquisition
    9. i Authority for acquisition
    10. j Terms of acquisition

Ordinary SharesNZNZRE0001S998,025
    $3.14

Cash
    Fully paid up ordinary sharesN/A
    0.03%

Ordinary shares were acquired to be held byCRS Nominees Limited pending grant toemployees under NZR’s Employee SharePurchase Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Nice to see NZR buying its own shares at the present lows......
    I think its more of an automatic buy for the "Employee Sharepurchase Scheme" so I wouldn't extrapolate too much from this purchase