sharetrader
Page 139 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2174
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    It is a volatile stock. But in longer term. They always pay dividends. So happy to sit there. Especially my cost average is only 1.98
    But not always. My imperfect memory harks back to a period 6 or 7 years ago when NZR passed on paying a divvy. But that's ancient history now!

Moderated user

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    It is a volatile stock. But in longer term. They always pay dividends. So happy to sit there. Especially my cost average is only 1.98
    no divi at all paid in 2014 and only interim of 2 cents paid for the full year in 2013 .
    a very dry spell
    Last edited by crabs; 21-05-2016 at 10:43 AM.

The market cracks me up sometimes. Today's little pop has been building for a while with some big gaps in the sell depth and sellers holding firm. But you have to wonder what has changed since the sky was falling at the $2.40 levels a while ago.

My thoughts are that buying at this level will prove to be reasonable once the full year results come out (a long way off), but the half year is likely to disappoint and cause a resumption of selling I suspect.

Disc: Holding and in the black, but annoyed at myself for not selling a few at higher levels.

We might see surprised dividends coming. Because their cash flow still looking good with low debts

Veteran novice

Caltex profit hit by lower margins at their Brisbane refinery.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/en...28-gpu6w5.html

The unspecified decline at Lytton was due to "lower first half refiner margins, offset by stronger production volumes", it said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/en...#ixzz4CwBVhcyt
    Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
    Interesting, but shouldn't be a surprise for NZR holders - we get the ops/margin reports every 2 months. I'd think this effect is already well priced in. Throughput (no planned shutdown) should improve in the second half ... and margins - I guess we will see (but I am optimistic).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Caltex margin dropped 50% that's big drop in income
    one step ahead of the herd

What do NZR investors think the long term outlook is for this share? I'm currently down 33% on capital outlay, which I'm not too worried about if it's going to deliver on divvies. I'm looking at an investment horizon of at least 8-10 years.

NZR is a bit of a gamblers stock IMO. It's hard to predict with any certainty that price will go higher or lower based on key drivers being NZD and the margins they make.

I owned the stock last year so did quite a few valuations based on NZD and margins and compared that with the spreadsheet on their investor presentations. Right now, I think SP is fair value based on above but if I wanted to buy, I would wait to see if there was a pull back to maybe $2.20. To get to $3, I think you will need some help from NZD and margins to increase from where they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    NZR is a bit of a gamblers stock IMO. It's hard to predict with any certainty that price will go higher or lower based on key drivers being NZD and the margins they make.

I owned the stock last year so did quite a few valuations based on NZD and margins and compared that with the spreadsheet on their investor presentations. Right now, I think SP is fair value based on above but if I wanted to buy, I would wait to see if there was a pull back to maybe $2.20. To get to $3, I think you will need some help from NZD and margins to increase from where they have been.
    Thanks for sharing your view N G