sharetrader
Page 182 of 218 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2174
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Waikaka View Post
    Suppose that is part of the problem, has to be a remarkably unpopular business with perpetually disappointed shareholders to get this cheap.

Having had a review, plenty of risks but at this price I am happy to be rolling around by myself in the gutter with this one.

Some companies on the NZX I think are going to have seriously challenged balance sheets seem overvalued and I am honestly a bit lost with Covid's impacts on a range of companies in my portfolio.

However as long as the business is solid(ish) I am happy to keep modestly buying.
    STU Waikaka! Pull up 13 years worth of cash flow data - stunning numbers, in fact show me better vs current price on the whole NZX.

NZR... not so much.

Inside scoop is that the Refinery, which used to supply a waste product stream to BOC for their Marsden Point liquid CO2 production plant, will no longer be supplying this waste stream to BOC, from September onwards.

This arrangement was very profitable previously for both parties so for NZR to no longer provide this to the BOC plant strongly indicates to me that they are relinquishing long term supply contracts in order to transition into a Terminal-only setup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Inside scoop is that the Refinery, which used to supply a waste product stream to BOC for their Marsden Point liquid CO2 production plant, will no longer be supplying this waste stream to BOC, from September onwards.

This arrangement was very profitable previously for both parties so for NZR to no longer provide this to the BOC plant strongly indicates to me that they are relinquishing long term supply contracts in order to transition into a Terminal-only setup.

Very interesting Mya. Sure it's not just temporary during the rolling shutdowns due to reduced demand? Or it was definitely a permanent thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post

cheers very useful
    one step ahead of the herd

the oil majors must think refining margins or demand are going to be low for a long time because the last 10 yrs nz refining has proven more profitable than direct import if you even out all the ups and downs , but only by less than $1/barrel i think.
    the important thing in there decision must be what nz refining would charge for storage costs if they go this route of the import terminal as thats pretty much all the income nz refining have then but with big infrastructure costs to set it up to there already heavy debt load.
    wonder who will dictate the storage cost for the analysis the oil share holders or the refinery? and will they allow for flucuating storage costs as per the normal market function
    Last edited by bull....; 08-05-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Veteran novice

wonder who will dictate the storage cost for the analysis the oil share holders or the refinery?
    Aren't they more or less the same?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Aren't they more or less the same?

no nz refinery is supposed to act independant of there major s/h

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I'm aware of that, but I don't believe that the views of major shareholders, in any company, don't carry weight in decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Love your sense of humour.

Be a shame to lose the refinery. You'd think with what we are undergoing atm, we'd be looking to be more independent, not the opposite.