sharetrader
Page 185 of 218 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2174

Seems short sighted to me:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...y-analyst-says

Nothing new that I can see but posted as may be of interest.

Veteran novice

Seems short sighted to me:
    Agree. One of those things you don't need - until you need it!

A nothingburger of an announcement today.

But seems to be steering towards a shift to an import only operation.

Jumped in an bought some actually. We'll see what happens. But I wonder what's going on that is not given publicly...yet anyways. We'll find out in due course

Their decision they were going to issue at the end of this month after the review did not come to fruition. They are still reviewing "multiple options" and will issue a new decision in October (after the elections) so my take is that they are going to turn into a terminal operation but are postponing public release of that decision because they do not want to hurt Winnie's seat.

BOC and Air Liquide are both now investigating (at a high level) moving their CO2 plants elsewhere. Before this update came out BOC were not considering any meaningful change to the refinery with respect to their operation, that has now changed so I imagine they have been told to start considering the real possibility of ceasing refinery operations.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Their decision they were going to issue at the end of this month after the review did not come to fruition. They are still reviewing "multiple options" and will issue a new decision in October (after the elections) so my take is that they are going to turn into a terminal operation but are postponing public release of that decision because they do not want to hurt Winnie's seat.

BOC and Air Liquide are both now investigating (at a high level) moving their CO2 plants elsewhere. Before this update came out BOC were not considering any meaningful change to the refinery with respect to their operation, that has now changed so I imagine they have been told to start considering the real possibility of ceasing refinery operations.

Didn't you say in May that BOC had been told no more supply from September?

New Zealand's only oil refinery appears to be headed towards conversion to a terminal to import refined fuel and deliver it to Auckland

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12348034

this is the key point if they go the terminal route

Allen said while Refining NZ was committed to delivering the best outcome for shareholders over the long term

one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    New Zealand's only oil refinery appears to be headed towards conversion to a terminal to import refined fuel and deliver it to Auckland

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12348034

this is the key point if they go the terminal route

Allen said while Refining NZ was committed to delivering the best outcome for shareholders over the long term

"Long term" = divvies ... hopefully they resume some day

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    "Long term" = divvies ... hopefully they resume some day
    some day maybe in the long term. I see Z is positioning there terminal business and reducing exposure to refining margins from there announcement today. It is a supporter of RNZ becoming a terminal operator only i believe.
    one step ahead of the herd

Hello

general thought here,

If NZR is moving to convert to terminal operation, would a merger with MMH not become a viable option? restructuring refinery infrastructure and replacing it with storage could decrease the refineries overall footprint, allowing MMH to increase in size, potentially it could use the land earmarked for the solar farm which got put on the back burner. pipeline stays open and normal distribution of refined products continues. take some load off Auckland port? Less jobs lost in the area, removes some pressure from finding an instant solution for Auckland port?

Just a thought...