sharetrader
Page 215 of 218 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2174
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    Thanks for being more direct SR. I was probably being a little too subtle with my rhetorical question.
    Yes, I gather actual reserve levels, held in NZ are frankly, woeful. All it would take is a black swan event somewhere on the supply chain and NZ Inc would be deep crap, in short order.

Correct. I must admit, part of me would like to see it just so that the public realise. I would not want to see it come to civil disorder and loss of basic services that many of our population rely on but that would all happen so quickly it would be terrifying.

No doubt Dr Woods would chug a pie or two and get it all sorted in no time though.

It really was something to behold seeing her turn up to the refinery in her chauffeured ministerial V8 Diesel to wax lyrical to us about all things green. For those of us relying on the Cafe that day for lunch I can tell you following minister Woods, it was like the place had been ram raided by a pack of starving delinquent youths.

Sometimes I look at our leaders and think "is that someone I would follow over the top?"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    It really was something to behold seeing her turn up to the refinery in her chauffeured ministerial V8 Diesel to wax lyrical to us about all things green. For those of us relying on the Cafe that day for lunch I can tell you following minister Woods, it was like the place had been ram raided by a pack of starving delinquent youths.
    Haha, classic!!

Banned

https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?a...7IoBYlbhpm4P9o

Great interview with David, he knows his stuff, used to be my boss.

The company has issued a gag warning to all staff regarding the Jet saga.

The very first thing they did post shutdown was deliberately remove some small but extremely critical componentry which made no sense at all except to make sure that it could never be started again, which is what they feared would be ordered once the inevitable stuff up happened that has just happened...

If a jet falls out of the sky the share price could hit $3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    Sometimes I look at our leaders and think "is that someone I would follow over the top?"
    I'd happily follow minister woods as it would be like the most effective human shield ever. Would take an intercontinental ballistic missile to harm me if I was behind that.

Guru

"The need for greater fuel resiliency Last year, the Government reduced the cost of fuel and sought to assure the public there was adequate supply. Coincidentally, the Government was considering the country's fuel supply resilience after Refining NZ transitioned Marsden Point Oil Refinery to an import terminal. As a result of its review, the Government announced a range of initiatives in November aimed at strengthening that resilience. The initiatives largely adopted the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment's (MBIE) policies, proposed last year, of maintaining 28 days' cover for diesel and petrol and 24 days’ cover for jet fuel at normal consumption levels. The Government has not been heavy-handed on this issue to limit costs to the industry and consumers. While the initiatives are an improvement on the status quo, mainly because they mandate importers (from July 1, 2024) must hold a specified amount of fuel onshore, they are only a marginal improvement as it is based on the national average of what they currently already hold. However, it does mean that the Government plays a greater role in maintaining an appropriate level of fuel in NZ rather than leaving it to fuel suppliers, which is a good thing."
    https://businessdesk.co.nz/sponsored...1059-446239310

Guru

I wonder how many posters were alive in the 1980's when the P M introduced " car less days " as an answer to cronic fuel shortage at that time I wonder how much fuel spare there would be in N Z if every motorist in a panic mode fueled up their vehicles , two/three weeks, we really could be leaving us in dire straites.

And another of his, Maximum Retail Price. 🛡️

Actually I'm wrong it was Warren Freer a Labour minister in 1974 who attempted MRP.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I wonder how many posters were alive in the 1980's when the P M introduced " car less days " as an answer to cronic fuel shortage at that time I wonder how much fuel spare there would be in N Z if every motorist in a panic mode fueled up their vehicles , two/three weeks, we really could be leaving us in dire straites.
    Ha, my first job on leaving uni was Carless Days in the Ministry of Energy (which needs to come back..). A daft policy but great education in human behaviour. Govt of the day rejected simple rationing as an option (ie individual gets an allocation and uses it how they want). Carless Days sounded simple but in practice complex and invasive. You chose the 2 days of the week you wouldn't drive. Trouble was everyone has different travel needs, for some no problem, for many a real challnege. It collapsed under the sheer weight of exemptions.