sharetrader
Page 74 of 218 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    snaps is very happy with an average buy in of $2.03 so I don't share your pain or attitude.
    Why do you hold an interest in a company that you believe is ripping you off.......... totally makes no sense to me.
    Nope, no pain here fulla. Don't stress on my account.
    I'm just asking people to consider what Halliwell has placed before them.

In Sept 2013, you were complaining on this thread about the divi being about 1/3rd of the going bank interest rate, saying what a dog etc.
    Do you understand just why it was a dog now?

Just quickly reading todays announcement:

"I am also pleased to say that we have seen stronger margins during the first part of 2015 and that we continue to benefit from a lower exchange rate environment. The self-help I referred to earlier has set the company up to deliver strong free cash flow and repay a further $50 million of debt duringthe first four months of 2015. End April borrowings stand at $264 million, $77 million lower than its peak, representing a gearing of around 27 per
    cent"

Reading between the lines (I have only quickly glanced) but if they have paid down debt by $50 mill in the first 4 months, that puts them ahead of what they were hoping to achieve if I refer back to the profit matrix they published earlier this year. Good news then I assume!

speaking to the ceo today.., dividends is not far away.., once debt back to 200m.., confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    speaking to the ceo today.., dividends is not far away.., once debt back to 200m.., confirmed
    concur they all want divs as soon as possible was the talk, also ceo looking at some more profit opportunities over an above whats out there ( he seems very motivated to want to have a very profitable refinery, I liked his vibe being a s/h ) also staff incentivised to share in gains nice.
    Also say margins still good esp brent to Dubai spread , but lag margins they make gone now , expect low oil environment for foreseeable future all good for nzr anyway su4
    Last edited by bull....; 29-04-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

happy to hold

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    concur they all want divs as soon as possible was the talk, also ceo looking at some more profit opportunities over an above whats out there ( he seems very motivated to want to have a very profitable refinery, I liked his vibe being a s/h ) also staff incentivised to share in gains nice.
    Also say margins still good esp brent to Dubai spread , but lag margins they make gone now , expect low oil environment for foreseeable future all good for nzr anyway su4
    Did they explain any thing more about the Brent/Dubai spread? Even me, a past oil economist struggle with their wording in their new releases on this. Maybe it is time for them to try and simplify what they are saying. Looks like a good meeting was had and hopefully a return to dividends soon on this one.

Good morning all
    Great meeting, positive as expected. Yes I supported Halliwell, maintaining our "ownership" conferred right to a fair hearing and a fair deal must be paramount. We do not always have to agree with the motions proposed as "owners" , but I was heartened to hear the outgoing chairman, reinforce this right.
    Divis are on the cards and I stick with March 16 $3/share - for any shred of credibility I had better be right.
    My only negative takeaway was the forward looking vision of the CEO concerning future expansion/upgrades. Hopefully the pull of the return to "decent" dividends , which was alluded to, may temper overzealous future capital commitments. There is a fine line between return on investment and investment for investments/personal pride and achievements sake.
    Regards
    -dodgy (owner/shareholder - may all your investments produce abundant fruit)

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    Did they explain any thing more about the Brent/Dubai spread? Even me, a past oil economist struggle with their wording in their new releases on this. Maybe it is time for them to try and simplify what they are saying. Looks like a good meeting was had and hopefully a return to dividends soon on this one.
    No they did not elaborate in meeting.

It is difficult for me to work out as well because they only speak in broad terms of what there crude basket consists of and say it changes all the timeso working out an accurate margin is difficult on the brent/Dubai spread.

snaps I talked to z man bennetts about there throughput policy - anyway he say it running 24/7 so yes, the ups and downs in throughput as he say are based on weather they import or refine.
    anyway he sounded keen to get a div from refinery as he say they invested over 100m in upgrade so they want a return just like me lol

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    thanks bull what about the pipeline is this annually negotiated....appreciate your answers
    sorry forgot to ask