sharetrader
Page 75 of 218 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

the US exchange rate seems to be relatively stable still, which is good for profit. We should be expecting a throughput update in the next week or so I guess for march/april? average exchange rate for that period should be the same $0.75 as previous reporting period I would think.

Will a throughput of the same nature as jan/feb see an upward movement in shareprice, or do we believe that this is already priced in?

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    the US exchange rate seems to be relatively stable still, which is good for profit. We should be expecting a throughput update in the next week or so I guess for march/april? average exchange rate for that period should be the same $0.75 as previous reporting period I would think.

Will a throughput of the same nature as jan/feb see an upward movement in shareprice, or do we believe that this is already priced in?

Good morning barleeni,
    Don't forget that NZR will be undergoing a shutdown for maintenance, in due course, if not already. This as always, effects throughput, profit. The good news is, this is the last scheduled, before new kit comes on stream Nov. Ist quarter next year, after run up of expansion, should be the best for a while.
    Regards
    -dodgy (owner/shareholder - expectant of increased prosperity)

march/april should have been a cracker, probably mostly baked in the price , depends how much above 9 they banked and if any xtra throughput done
    one step ahead of the herd

Agreed, but I think they were putting the shut off until early May (around about now I guess) to take advantage of the current scenario, so if that's the case March/April stat's should be unaffected by the shut, and hopefully would have been running at max throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Good morning barleeni,
    Don't forget that NZR will be undergoing a shutdown for maintenance, in due course, if not already. This as always, effects throughput, profit. The good news is, this is the last scheduled, before new kit comes on stream Nov. Ist quarter next year, after run up of expansion, should be the best for a while.
    Regards
    -dodgy (owner/shareholder - expectant of increased prosperity)

yes, shutdown has just started so Mar/Apr should be at full production though as units get closer to shutdown they are less productive than they are just after a shut down. Liken it to a water filter on your kitchen sink, flows pretty well for the first few months after you replace it and then gets a bit slower as time goes on. I think margins going into May/Jun will be a bit lower than what they have been for the first 1/3 of the year but having that money locked in from CAP will help keep the cash flow going and ultimatly pay down some more debt. The more debt that can be paid down now the quicker we will get to dividends. Might start to see a few funds shifting back in soon to lock in the yield.

nzd new lows 73, margins have picked up again in the last week after a brief dip.
    back to near highs which by my calcs would still translate into double digit margins at nzr

hopefully we get a update on how the shutdown is going with the throughput report due out shortly I believe
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nzd new lows 73, margins have picked up again in the last week after a brief dip.
    back to near highs which by my calcs would still translate into double digit margins at nzr

hopefully we get a update on how the shutdown is going with the throughput report due out shortly I believe
    sounds like shut down may have finished a couple of days ahead of schedule which is great news

margin still healthy

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    margin still healthy
    Yes, another brilliant 2 month period with record thruput. 63m in refining income for the 2 month period is going to be putting a dent into that overdraft. Refining margins still holding up there but to have 4 months of a year at CAP is pretty amazing really. The half year report is going to make staggering reading IMO, it will be interesting to see if the oil company directors start pushing for dividend sooner rather than later.

share price still stall.