sharetrader
Page 77 of 218 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast

I have noticed someone or somebodies has been selling none stop into any buying recently so I bet it is because they knew? and will buy into the placement?

http://www.afr.com/street-talk/deuts...0150527-ghaupl

also chevron recently sold out of Caltex as well - buying opportunity?
    Last edited by bull....; 28-05-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Hmmmm....IIRC Mobil didn't support the recent capital raise for the major capex, Chevron selling out and Z talking about importing more refined product to boost margins...what are these majors telling minority shareholders most importantly by their actions and secondly by their official statements. Disc, I don't hold. The rise and rise of the mega Asian refineries causes me too much concern and looks like its too attractive to the major fuel suppliers here too. Trouble just over the horizon for this stock ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-05-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hmmmm....IIRC Mobil didn't support the recent capital raise for the major capex, Chevron selling out and Z talking about importing more refined product to boost margins...what are these majors telling minority shareholders most importantly by their actions and secondly by their official statements. Disc, I don't hold. The rise and rise of the mega Asian refineries causes me too much concern and looks like its too attractive to the major fuel suppliers here too. Trouble just over the horizon for this stock ?
    nzr only supply a set % of market so all the oil companies need to import refined petrol as well, as nzr presentations show they are more competitive at certain prices so why would oil companies import more refined fuel if it is less competitive.

z and bp supported the upgrade , Caltex and mobil didn't and both want out of nz , z and bp are the dominant players so that tells you what they think

anyway nzr will be back in the nz50 sometime after this positive I would say
    Last edited by bull....; 28-05-2015 at 12:43 PM.

This is probably a sign that Caltex will be exiting the NZ fuel market sometime soon. Next news will be a sale of their retail outlets to Z or BP is my guess.

Sorry in advance but not having a good day for maths. With the 11% now becoming free flow shares in regards to NZ50 requirements, is that enough to get us over the line to be included in that category? If we are now to be included in the NZ50, what are the implications for fund managers etc and who will be dropping out of the top 50.

Back to fundimentals, margins still over $9 USD/bbl and exchange rate coming down nicely too. Going to be one interesting half year report!

Last edited by bull....; 28-05-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    Sorry in advance but not having a good day for maths. With the 11% now becoming free flow shares in regards to NZ50 requirements, is that enough to get us over the line to be included in that category? If we are now to be included in the NZ50, what are the implications for fund managers etc and who will be dropping out of the top 50.

Back to fundimentals, margins still over $9 USD/bbl and exchange rate coming down nicely too. Going to be one interesting half year report!
    Possible they might get in. Obviously we don't know yet, whether the 11% sold are sold as block or whether they now add to the liquidity. If they do, than the "free" liquidity would rise to $370m .... and there are currently smaller cap companies in the NZX50 (e.g. SKL, NZX itself and MPG, but I am sure there are others as well below the 370m).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

My order has come through at $2.33 but was scaled 20% unless my broker mis-heard my verbal order

lot of demand apparently

IMO

I got a little more than i asked for but split it with our trust. Was so close to pulling the trigger and buying some @ re $2.51.
    Do Caltex really want out of NZ? They are out of refining in Aus now and are namely a retailer.