sharetrader
Page 6 of 217 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

NZR has had a great run this year. By my calculations to date this year alone NZR has put on 106.7%

Advanced Member

Chris, whatever else, this is a monopoly. Where else do you get your fuel and who would buy it? The major oil companies own the refinery - or 70% of it - If they start buying from independant overseas sources then they kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

true... but it depends if they have better geese in their flock that they wish to fatten.. especially if the others are 100% owned by them.
    Chris
    Whangarei
    Am I a pro trader or just a try hard wanna be...

Chris,

The reason why NZR did Future Fuels is that there are very few alternative refineries in the region that can meet the new NZ standard. Although you are correct that there are a number of new refineries in china but to a lower standard.

So Craic is right about a reinforced monopoly. That is the significance of the pipeline as well.

When they get some co-generational deal to secure reasonably priced long term power then this is a safe long term share to put in the bottom draw.

I think it is safe at 15.... not so safe at 30.
    Chris
    Whangarei

Advanced Member

Back up 100 cps to 3300 cps and this miust be just days before a result is published? They usually pay out end of March beginning of April. Last year the announcement was made on 26 February. Maybe the tea lady is getting in early

I think it is more than likely that the tea lady has read the morning newspapers and looked at the BP and Shell articles stating that they have made a killing on the back of high refining margins.

Not a good start to the year in regards to reliability though... heard that they ran out of juice... and then they had a couple fo oil spills into the harbour too...

Not that good when the crowd down the road are looking at putting in a coal fired power station. The greenies will be chasing this one I think...

Chris
    Chris
    Whangarei

Just checked a December press release and a divi announcement is planned for 24 Feb:
    "At this stage a modest increase for the dividend is anticipated ..."

Given that the last four divs have been 50, 60, 60 and 100 cps, but that the share price has doubled, I wonder what "a modest increase" means?

If it is a similar div to share price proportion that is modestly increased, could we anticipate 210 cps? I rather think not, but good fun dreaming...

what was the interium one? I would imagine that they would round it up to around the $3.50 level (total for the year).... they like to pay out 100%...
    Chris
    Whangarei

Sept 02 = 100 cps
    Mar 03 = 50 cps
    Sept 03 = 60 cps
    Mar 04 = 60 cps
    Sept 04 = 100 cps
    This is as far as my records go, and if it ain't correct, my records are wrong... [:0]